I'll try to keep this short - drove 2 hrs to pick up my new TH Saturday from a "local" dealer and drop off my old Mallard trade-in but came home without a trailer.
There were a LOT of cosmetic issues but the most concerning problems were:
1. No sealant used around the exterior speakers (you could see daylight from the interior)
2. Windows only had sealant along the top edge, nothing on the sides or bottom leaving gaps between the frame and aluminum.
3. Buldges in the aluminum siding suggesting a bolt head or some such thing about ready to poke thru.
4. Excessively loud water pump. The lines are contacting the paneling under the sink which accounts for most of the racket. There also seems to be very little pressure from the unit.
5. Bathroom wall is a mess - rough cut with gaps along the edges, trim has gaps, door mis-aligned, staples protruding...
The list goes on and I won't get into the nit-picky stuff. But for a $30K trailer I was a little upset. My $12K Mallard had better build quality. The gentleman doing our PDI was really great and recommended we just leave the unit in the bay with a list of items for repair. He was appalled to find the speakers had no sealant at all when we pulled one out.
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. The Mallard was a rock solid unit for 3 years and I hated trading it in but really welcome the space and utility afforded by the Shockwave. Of all the units I looked at this was my favorite - really hope they can get these issues corrected.
Do a thorough PDI!!!