Hi All, posting a pic of our new Shockwave T28RQDX. Camped at Ruby's Inn/ Bryce National Park. Had a great time.
Things that worked:
1. No water leaks that I know of, water pump works and city water connection works. Today ordered a Seaflo Accumulator Tank and Valterra water pump silencer kit to reduce water pump run time and hopefully quiet the pump a little.
2. Furnace and thermostat works good. As with my last camper, master bedroom heats better than the main living/garage area. (leave the bedroom door open and that helps alot).
3. Fuel station works great!
4. All appliances work good, fridge, stove, oven and microwave.
5. Slide out worked properly no issues to report.
6. Happijac beds all worked. I did have to cut 1 leg 2 inches shorter on the bottom bed/table benches. I know FR would have sent me the proper one but I did not want to wait. Since there is a beaver tail at the back end next to the ramp the back 2 legs are 2 inches longer than the front 2. (17 inches vs 15) one of the front legs was also 17. so I took it off and cut it 2 inches shorter.
7. Master bed mattress usual cheap looking, added 3 inch memory foam topper. We slept good!
8. 200 watt factory installed Solar seems to be working well. We'll get a better test when dry camping.
Had very few problems:
1. 1500 watt factory installed inverter fuse was bad. Luckily we had full hookups so the fuse was not needed. FR agreed to reimburse me for the fuse. When I got home from the weekend the new fuse was in the mail, tried it and now the inverter works.
2. Kenwood audio system (DDX24BT) did not include a remote control. Contacted FR and they say use Kenwood smart phone remote app. Called Kenwood and it only works on higher end Kenwood head units. Went back to FR and they are looking into this. Even if they get this to work we want a plain old remote, not a phone app.
3. AC works great out of the chill grill but crappy through the ducts. When I got home I added a bunch of foil tape directly underneath the AC unit to channel air into the ducts and generally seal off the area good. Then I went to each duct vent and found a crappy job of foil tape, lots of pieces not pushed down properly and generally unstuck and into the duct area. Spent some time just properly sealing each of the duct vents. Hope this helps, I did not test yet (it was late and time for bed)
4. Master bedroom door did not shut well, the strike plate was too tight against door. Removed the strike plate, got a utility knife and cutout a little material then reinstalled so the strike plate was no longer hanging out. Now the door shuts nicely.