Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #1

Shockwave 2010 F34 SKSB Tire Problems

I have a new 34' Toyhauler - F34 SKSB triple axle. The rig has only about 2500 miles on it now and the tires are badly worn and starting to tare in some spots. I noticed when I took delivery of the rig, the tire sticker on the driver side of the trailer indicated load range E tires, well the trailer had load range D, I asked the dealer about it and he don't worry about - you are fine. Well I guess I should have insisted to replace the tires with what was specified on the specs. Now what do I do?

Pictures of tires and sticker can be viewed at:Picasa Web Albums - dwulet - Drop Box

Forrest River - can you advise me?
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #2

your tires are wearing on one side more than the other you have more than just a under rated tire issue. Check you spring hangers to make the weld has not broken on one this could cause uneven tire wear. Tires will wear faster on the 3 axle trailer due to tire skid while turning. But shouldn't wear on one side.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #3

Just inspected the spring hangers - the welds are perfect.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #4

How is the wear on the center tires? I have 1700 miles on my china bombs and they have 0 wear. Is it a problem with just that one tire or both rear's?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #5

Centers are not worn anything like the one right rear, the left rear is not worn as badly either. I did hold a straight edge against the tire to compare alignment with the center - it is perfectly straight. I'm wondering if it just a bad tire and too much weight for the D's. Loaded, I'm at approximately 21,000 pounds between the truck and trailer. The truck weights about 7500 pounds. I was also running the trailer tires at 65 psi cold.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #6

That is the only other thing I could think of if your axle my have been bent. I run mine at 80 psi as stated on the tire.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
That is the only other thing I could think of if your axle my have been bent. I run mine at 80 psi as stated on the tire.
Keep in mind these are D's with a max PSI of 65, and the toybox is heavier than a 5th wheel travel trailer. I'm going to call Forrest River tomorrow and find out why it has D's. The federal tire sticker on the rigs say's E's. I think I am entitled to 6 new E range tires.

« - | Stove Ventilation? »