Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2020, 11:25 PM   #1

T24RQMX (2017) issues, fixes, mods

What kind of problems has shockwave owners had and if something out of the ordinary, how were they fixed? For me:
1. Leaking kitchen sink faucet
2. Leaking shower faucet
3. Many led lights quit working and leds or main processor would fall out
4. Propane hose leaked at fitting on front of frame
5. Propane regulator failed
6. All 4 brakes were covered in grease and grease seals were unseated
7. Incorrect tire tread wear causing axle replacement
8. Water pump failed
9. Shower enclosure wasn't completely sealed and would leak. Removed and resealed.
10. Bedroom ceiling vent leaked.
11. Wire on buss bar behind water heater access panel was not attached with nut.
12. Furnace would not turn on. Replaced thermostat control box.
13. Various panel and trim pieces separated or popped loose.
14. Vent hose for FW tank was kinked and it would take forever to fill the tank. Found this when adding solar. Rerouted and replaced section of hose.
15. Both ramp lights AND step light turns on when either step or lamp switch in turned on. Haven't found that problem yet.
16. A/C had low pressure from vents and was loud. I resealed the A/C area which allowed cold air to go directly into the return air. I also made 2 "deflectors" that help to guide cold air into the ducts. I sealed the A/C area with butyl soundproofing. This has quieted the A/C some. Vent pressure is good.
17. Found a 3 inch staple under the "cheap ass" linoleum. Was able to fish it out with a long wire going through one of the tie downs. You could feel the staple when you stepped on it. Woulda punch thru the "cheap ass" linoleum in no time.
18. Heater duct behind access panel for water heater was torn because of poor routing when it contacted the bypass valves.
19. The tv in the bedroom was wired with coax. Can be hard to find satellite receivers that have coax output. Ran composite (RCA) wiring for that tv. Also ran component wiring for an outside tv.
20. Both USB chargers (1 bedside 1 by the power panel) failed. Found out from the USB MFG that FR uses 1.5amp charges and they can't support many devices. They sent me 2 replacements that work perfectly.
21. Had intermittent issues with the tongue jack. The issue is the fuse right under the jack head. Water can get in there and rust the contacts. Rewired it and installed a fuse box on the back side of the front cross frame. This fuse box has fuses for the tongue jack, added power box (item 13 on mods), brake disconnect plus an additional SAE type power cord for whatever. (SAE power cord same as Zamp connector).

Some mods:
1. Took the longer couch table and installed it on the wall under the right side window using collapsible braces. Doesn't effect loading a UTV.
2. Took the triangle table and mounted it to a sofa type stand ( https://www.wayfair.com/Zipcode-Desi...hoCFXYQAvD_BwE ) The legs fit one inside the other so it can be adjusted to the height you want.
3. Removed 100W solar panel and installed 2 320W panels,Victron 3000 inverter, Victron MPPT 100/50 controller, BMV-712 and 3 Battleborn 100Ah batteries.
4. Installed 3 remote Maxxfans and one non-remote Maxxfan.
5. Replaced the stock bath skylight with the mold titty in the center with an Icon skylight.
6. Installed softstart on A/C.
7. Replaced 2 step with a 3 step.
8. Added winterizing valve.
9. Removed the Kenwood amp and head unit and replaced with a Pyle "radio". This radio allows for 3 zones. We don't party loudly so the amp isn't an issue.
10. Added bluetooth backup camera.
11. Won't get into it but, added Correct Track and widthwise bracing between spring hangers. Also added frame support plates on the right side near hangers. 2018 models now have them on both sides but mine was only on the left side.
12. Added a shoe shelf foot side of bed. Doesn't effect walking in front of bed.
13. Installed a power box with SAE and cigarette lighter outputs that allow me to run things like a macerator or my tire air compressor directly of the lithium batteries.
14. Added TPMS ( https://www.tiretraker.com/ )

Next mods:
1. External power receptacle for a portable solar panel for when I don't have direct rooftop sun.
2. Roof vents ( https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-0.../dp/B074JFP3PP )

Misc. info:
1. Stock tires...don't know. They had premature wear due to incorrect alignment.
2. Goodyear Endurance tires. Worked well but, tread wears fairly quickly.
3. Now have Maxxis tires. Way to early to tell.
4. Because I seldom load the UTV and mostly use it as a travel trailer, tongue weight is up there. Gross weight is typically 9600lbs +/- and tongue weight is 1400-1450lbs. Typical tongue weight to gross weight percentage is 15%.

I hope this info is useful to someone.
2017 FR T24RQMX
2017 F250XLT 6.7L diesel crew cab 4WD standard bed with camper package
flhtci2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mods