Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
T24RQMX water heater bypass valve location

I can't figure out where the water bypass valve is on my 2019 Shockwave T24RQMX is located. Have any of you that own this model located it?
__________________

avigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #2
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 23,618
This thread may give you some ideas on where/how to locate it, assuming you have a tank type water heater.


http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1136233
__________________

__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS


I've reported my DNA missing just in case it's found somewhere bad.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:34 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Thanks. I looked around a little today when I was doing other winterizing steps. But I couldn't figure out where it was located. And it should have a bypass installed. So, I figured I would ask here.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow.

Is there any way to get ahold of the blueprints for a model? That would be pretty awesome to have. I have them for my house. As you can tell, this is the first trailer I have owned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
This thread may give you some ideas on where/how to locate it, assuming you have a tank type water heater.


http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1136233
__________________
'19 Shockwave T24RQMX
'19 Ram 1500
'16 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
'16 Ducati Panigale 959
avigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:37 AM   #4
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 22,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by avigil View Post

Is there any way to get ahold of the blueprints for a model? That would be pretty awesome to have. I have them for my house. As you can tell, this is the first trailer I have owned.
The RV Industry is nothing like the Housing Industry.
Doubt that the Shockwave manufacturer will provide them.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:41 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
That sucks. But we can provide each other with info that we each figure out, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The RV Industry is nothing like the Housing Industry.
Doubt that the Shockwave manufacturer will provide them.
__________________
'19 Shockwave T24RQMX
'19 Ram 1500
'16 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
'16 Ducati Panigale 959
avigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #6
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 22,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by avigil View Post
That sucks. But we can provide each other with info that we each figure out, right?
That's why we have RV forums.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
bedubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 454
Looking at photos of your unit, it looks like both your water heater and converter are below your refrigerator. The wood panel to the right of your converter should have 2-4 screws that can be removed to access the back of the water heater.
__________________

'17 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: 2017-39, 2018-61, 2019-64
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedubya View Post
Looking at photos of your unit, it looks like both your water heater and converter are below your refrigerator. The wood panel to the right of your converter should have 2-4 screws that can be removed to access the back of the water heater.
Thanks! What do you mean by converter? I attached a couple picutres of the inside.

The water heater on the outside is about where the underneath the sink is on the inside. So, my best guess is that the water heater bypass is behind the drawers (between the stove and the sink). But I thought it would be easier to get to. Are you saying that maybe it's underneath those drawers (behind the panel underneath them).

Sorry for being so ignorant about all of this.

BTW, on Sunday, I idid the following:
1. turned off the water heater outside switch
2. drained all of the water out of the fresh water tank
3. opened the low point drains to let them drain out
4. hooked up the air compressor with 20 psi
5. had my g/f turn on the faucets one at a time inside and verify she saw water come through followed by air
6. poured some antifreeze down the drains (a cupful in drains and 1/2 gallon down the toilet)

You'll notice that I did NOT do the water heater bypass. So, I'm wondering if I'm going to need to repeat these steps once I get the water heater bypass figured out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_202332.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	191254   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_202348.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	191255  
avigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
bedubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 454
The converter is where your 12vdc fuses and 120vac circuit breakers are, directly below your fridge. I don't have the same trailer, but a photo I found of the outside of your model looks like the water heater is below your refrigerator access/vent panel. Yours could be different. If all you are doing is blowing out the water lines, bypass may not be an issue. You do need to drain the water heater. This all depends on how hard a freeze you expect. Here in Iowa, just blowing out the lines is not enough.
__________________

'17 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: 2017-39, 2018-61, 2019-64
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
lOCATION OF BYPASS VALVE

Yes, it is located behind draws. Pull all of them out, closest to the side where you see the h2o heater vent outside. I have 3 draws. The other access on mine, is below the stove...another drawer. This allows you to get a good look, reach in to turn valve. Also good to really inspect area looking for any leakage, etc.

Pls know that as a newbie 5 yrs ago, I been thru the ruff learning curve. Rebuilt h2o heater, furnace 3 x...long story.lol
You're gonna be fine as these guys on here are the Bomb ! Best resource for knowledge that I know of. Good Luck , Brother.
MCCOY1998CARDINAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:31 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 112
3 valves located behind the panel that is under the fridge to the right of the fuse panel. Water pump is under the bottom kitchen drawer. If you're interested, I can give you more info in a PM. Mine is a 2017 T24RQMX.
flhtci2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCOY1998CARDINAL View Post
Yes, it is located behind draws. Pull all of them out, closest to the side where you see the h2o heater vent outside. I have 3 draws. The other access on mine, is below the stove...another drawer. This allows you to get a good look, reach in to turn valve. Also good to really inspect area looking for any leakage, etc.

Pls know that as a newbie 5 yrs ago, I been thru the ruff learning curve. Rebuilt h2o heater, furnace 3 x...long story.lol
You're gonna be fine as these guys on here are the Bomb ! Best resource for knowledge that I know of. Good Luck , Brother.
Mine is also accessed thru the second drawer by the sink, just remove he drawer. I only have one valve to switch, check valve does the rest.
__________________

__________________

2015 Forester 2901
2005 Scion XB
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bypass, cat, heater, location, valve, water, water heater

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


×