Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2024, 04:23 PM   #1

Water not filling

I have a 2017 F35RGDX, came with 2 fresh water tanks, a 100 gal and a 50 gal. I have a hard time filling them, right now I only have 67 gal in and its acting full.

Any ideas out any one has similar issues?

Thanks in advance Eddie
Fastfwd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:05 PM   #2

We have a 2016 Shockwave, it holds 160 gallons of water. That's with a 100 and a 60 gallon tank also.

It is slow to fill because the 60 gallon tank is cross fed with a small line. I often times put the fill hose in and turn it on slow and let it run till it runs over. Turning it on slow avoids pressurizing the water tank as it can vent as fast as the water is being put in.

I've never had the occasion to measure the water going in but we can get by for ten days easily with full tanks. That's if we are somewhere we are allowed to do the terrible thing of draining our gray water on the ground. We seldom stay in an RV park, love the great outdoors so we boondocks 95% of the time.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2021 Chev LT 3500
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:30 PM   #3

Her bike, thanks for the reply, I too let it fill very slowly. I have a water counter that you can get for cheap at a hardware store. The last time I even towed and shock the camper around with no luck. I drained it and refilled I am now up to 120 gallons. I think there is an air pocket in the smaller tank.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:47 PM   #4

Now you got me curious, I may have to buy me a water meter too.
We did feel like we run short of water last week, when I dumped the fresh water it didn't take long to drain, 1 1/2 inch drain.
I've got to go to town tomorrow, think I'll see if I can find a meter.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
2021 Chev LT 3500
Old 05-10-2024, 06:58 AM   #5

Let me know how it turns out, now I’m curious.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:06 PM   #6

I read on a separate FR forum that there are problems with kinks/dips in the lines and vent tubes. The suggested work around was to push a tube or hose against the vent screen and blow. I did it and at first I felt resistance and once I blew a little harder and got past the resistance you could hear the water slosh and then lots of "burping" sounds. The vent spewed water and then I could continue filling the tank all the way.
Dogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:03 PM   #7

I actually have been doing this by blowing on the main fill line and does as u say for awhile.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfwd101 View Post
Let me know how it turns out, now Im curious.
I got the water meter from Amazon this afternoon.
Promptly went out and filled the fresh water tank as we are leaving in the morning for a week of boon docking and play with our Polaris RZR.

Anyway, if the meter is accurate it read 166 gallons by the time I got back out to check it. At 120 gallons it started gurgling as usual because the water was running too fast. I slowed it down and the wife and I were in the shop doing some more preparing. I went out to check it and it was running over, the looks of what was on the ground I'd say the extra 6 gallons was about right.

You may have a kink in your cross over line or the vent line as the former post suggested.

Good luck with figuring it out. Getting into the under belly isn't a fun job.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
2021 Chev LT 3500
Old 05-14-2024, 10:37 AM   #9

Thanks for the update

Tags
water

« Entry Light | - »