Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #1

2018 Stealth FQ 2313 G Chassis Size?

Does anyone know the chassis size on this toy hauler? I'm pretty sure the axles are 5,200 lbs. But, can't find the I-beam height. I think its probably 7" or 8" but not sure. Trying to compare a couple trailers.
Thanks!
trigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigon View Post
Does anyone know the chassis size on this toy hauler? I'm pretty sure the axles are 5,200 lbs. But, can't find the I-beam height. I think its probably 7" or 8" but not sure. Trying to compare a couple trailers.
Thanks!
Late reply but if you are still wondering, I get it at 8"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210323_171435.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	250397  
Bowtie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #3

Thank you Bowtie76, much appreciated!!!
Just saw this, not sure why I didn't get a post notification. Now I can compare this to the two trailers I'm looking at buying.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:34 AM   #4

Glad I could help.

If it's any use, this is my first trailer, and I have only had it since last Nov. But we have been camping in it several times, full hookup and dry camping, and have had a great time and love the trailer.

if you have any other questions that might help you make your decision, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:01 PM   #5

Appreciate the offer!
BTW, I know this trailer pretty well. So, if I can help you with any questions about it let me know. I did a ton of research before we ordered ours. I also went to the factory while it was being built. And did a couple mods that you might be interested in. Also, there's a couple safety issues you should be aware of.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #6

Would always like to know more about the trailer.

I'm updating to lithium so planning on redoing a fair amount of the wiring, mine came with the go power solar/inverter setup so hoping to add another 200watts of solar.

Also love to know the tank layout, the insulation on mine is above the frame crossovers so I'm trying not to pull it down. How far back is the fresh water tank etc.

Also curious about any safety issues. My kids and dog travel with us and would like to keep them safe.

thanks,
Old 04-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #7

Good move upgrading to lithium, check out Battle Born and Renogy. Renogy, is also top of the heap for solar panels. I think you can still get a nice discount from Battle Born if you are a member of Escapee RV Club. Mine had the basic Go Power setup as well, and I wasn't happy with it.

Unfortunately, all my factory tour photos are on my old phone that's in storage in another state. First chance I have I will get it. I know I have a couple pics of just the chassis with the tanks mounted, and tons more.

As far as safety issues, I would break it down into two categories. The first being safely protecting your life, and the second protecting your investment. I know there's a lot of possible sub categories. This is just my opinion, and experience with this trailer. That said, this trailer was my seventh RV, and I'm now shopping for number eight.

I don't want to get into a full blown post fest here. Just offer some advice to you, from my experience hauling campers, towing trailers, driving my Van Builds (long before they were "a thing") and a Class A around the U.S. Canada, and Mexico for thousands of miles over 45 years. I think the main reasons I've seen RV's on the side of the road most often are: Blown tires, wheels came off, overheated tow vehicle, and awnings coming unfurled. Unfortunately, I've also seen them blown over on their side, and fatal crashes too.

The preventative measures for all the above should be obvious, if not please ask. I've recently read and watched a good deal of great information that should be helpful to you at Adventurous Way on YouTube, and on their blog at adventurousway.com They have a great solar setup, I want to imitate, and numerous mods you might be interested in, and much more.

One safety issue in your trailer I would inspect. Check to see if the round flexible metallic ducting that runs from the furnace to the bathroom and bedroom registers, that runs above the backside of the fuse panel and over your converter is secured in place a safe distance above.

Because your trailer has a similar type of truss roof design and construction as theirs, I would refer you again to Adventurous Way, and the recent uproar their discovery of black mold caused. Bottom line, be conscious of efficiently eliminating the moisture and humidity you create, and the importance of frequent roof inspections for leaks. Also, if you think you might replace your bathroom fan, or install new exhaust vent fans elsewhere, check out the correct roof sealant materials to use at Adventurous Way.

Hope this information is helpful.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #8

Thanks, great info.

Would love to see the pictures if you ever dig them up.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:00 PM   #9

Your welcome! I do have the photos, but I'm guessing it will be at least a month or two before I can access them.

Is your trailer lifted? I had a spring over lift kit installed, and highly recommend it. Don't know why the factory stopped doing this as standard, or at least as optional on these units?

Another mod, that's cheap and easy, is replacing the factory registers to adjustable registers that can be opened all the way, or closed, when not needed, like the one in the front bedroom. Just be sure to keep two open at all times!

FYI, there is 2"(?) ducting from the furnace down to your holding tanks. Not, the heated 12 volt blanket covers they had advertised originally. But, as it turned out I think we only had to run the furnace a couple times in freezing conditions.