Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Many of us have given up on dealer repair and have gone to independent or mobile RV repair places (places that specialize in repair, no sales). I found one very local (15 miles vs 75 miles to dealer). Good reviews on Internet. Dealer told me "bring it in, drop it off, they will evaluate, contact FR, get aproval, order parts, etc" - estimated several weeks. Independent just fixed - in four days - correctly, the first time. I had prior approval from FR, paid independent myself, sent bill to FR, they reimbursed me.
I would go the independent route even without prior approval / reimbursement because they are convenient, fast and competent. Many dealers apparently focus on sales and see service as an expense to be minimized. Service only places have to do service well - it is their only business.
Not knocking the method as it seems to get people through the BS..........But at the same time it tells these manufacturers no need to push their dealer network for something better which is the problem to begin with, and it starts at the top. They sure talk the warranty and all the other hoopla up in the advertising then people get a rude awakening. First time buyers seem to get a real education fast. The manufacturer's gamble on the buyer either finding their own way to make it all work or just simply going away.

Perhaps more buyers going the route that can't be mentioned would be a good thing since all these manufacturers only understand one thing and one thing only and that's the bottom line. You start putting a dent in that and eyes would open that are already open but choose to look the other direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forest River Forums mobile app
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #22
Director, FROG

Pebbles, I just sent you a private message.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #23

Good will solutions? We've owned the RV just over a year now and 5 months of that it's been in the shop and the work is still not correct. Honey does not seem to work with these folks. We don't see any action until we resort to acting like complete idiots and it's still not right. We're usually pretty easy going folks, but reaching the end of our rope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Contrary to popular belief, attorney talk here will not help you.

Not only is "litigating" your troubles here against forum posting rules, it will put any good will solutions "off the table" for the manufacturer.

Try a little honey first; it just might work.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:15 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
Good will solutions? We've owned the RV just over a year now and 5 months of that it's been in the shop and the work is still not correct. Honey does not seem to work with these folks. We don't see any action until we resort to acting like complete idiots and it's still not right. We're usually pretty easy going folks, but reaching the end of our rope...
Did you read Bob Byrne's (F.R.O.G.)Private Message?
From the post right above this one?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #25

Thank you all for your advice. Our "Dealer" would not offer the extended warranty, they wanted us to do the leg work on that one. We are still unsatisfied with the lack of professional service. Our leveling system still does not work, the dealer gave our phone numbers to the manufacturer, Lippert, without our permission and opened a case for us?????
They are also sending the parts that are needed for other repairs directly to us, not installing them through their service department, if we wanted to fix it we would! That's why we bought the warranties, etc. It's been a nightmare that has turned us away from our dreams, I know it's not cool to say something like that, but it's a fact. The whole idea has been ruined for us thanks to a dealership that doesn't live up to the contents of their contract. I've sent more emails to all above mentioned Forest River folks. I will not take our rig back to the dealer and Rialto is a long way from Southern Arizona.....

Tags
warranty