Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #1

Angry Advice ASAP on Warranty Work PLEASE!!!

We took our 2015 Stealth 3514G back to the dealer for a laundry list of items to be repaired on August 13. This will make our fourth 105 mile round trip to pick it up. Each time they have told us the repairs are completed, and each time it has been blatantly apparent that they have not been fixed.
Our leveling system has never worked, among many smaller issues, like they replaced the microwave and there were hand prints all over it, they "repaired" frayed carpet with glue and it looks bad! Several gauges didn't work, a hidden breaker ruined our first outing (even the tech's couldn't find it) the heater would kick on for about 30 seconds then stop, blinds didn't stay stable, toilet has leaked from the get go, plumbing hoses kinked, front door bent, etc. They added a custom screen for the garage door and it shrunk!!
We are going back today and we are bringing it home no matter what. The manufacturer warranty ends 12/01. Since we've owned the dealer has had it 5 months total. Give me some advice please! What would you do?
Old 11-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
We took our 2015 Stealth 3514G back to the dealer for a laundry list of items to be repaired on August 13. This will make our fourth 105 mile round trip to pick it up. Each time they have told us the repairs are completed, and each time it has been blatantly apparent that they have not been fixed.
Our leveling system has never worked, among many smaller issues, like they replaced the microwave and there were hand prints all over it, they "repaired" frayed carpet with glue and it looks bad! Several gauges didn't work, a hidden breaker ruined our first outing (even the tech's couldn't find it) the heater would kick on for about 30 seconds then stop, blinds didn't stay stable, toilet has leaked from the get go, plumbing hoses kinked, front door bent, etc. They added a custom screen for the garage door and it shrunk!!
We are going back today and we are bringing it home no matter what. The manufacturer warranty ends 12/01. Since we've owned the dealer has had it 5 months total. Give me some advice please! What would you do?

That's a tough one . Make sure all items that were supposed to be fixed is written out . the dealer should have had their service writer do this when you brought it to them . verify repairs that were done correctly and those that were not . take pictures of everything . then it;s contact the manufacture . any items that were not fixed correctly will not expire come 12/1 . this is why the pictures and contacting FR is important . send them copies of all you have with dates . then FR needs to find you a new place to have the work completed . if all this fails you either live with it and fix yourself or hire a lawyer .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #3

If the window to do so hasn't run out yet - GET THE FR EXTENDED WARRANTY. It's something like $150 for another year of factory warranty coverage. Sadly, I didn't find out about this option to purchase another year of coverage until it was too late, and obviously, the dealer isn't going to try to sell it.

Search the forums here for details - the signup form may even be linked.

Good luck!

'21 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax, '22 Genesis Vortex 3219VXL and many years as a happy FR Stealth 1913 owner... which is why I'm still here
vocoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

You need to contact FR directly and get them involved. They can send you to another dealer, maybe even ask if they can extend your warranty while you get this straightened out. You can locate Forest river stealth Contact info here. . As suggested, check our forum library for the second year warranty info to see if the stealth is one of the ones they offer this on.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
Director, FROG

Pebbles, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've been having with your Stealth and about your dealer's inability to get them resolved. We need to get you together with our Service and Warranty Department and get you some assistance.

Please contact Robby Olson in our Rialto, California plant at (909) 873-3777 ext. 52. Bring Robby up to date on what's been happening and ask him to help you solve the problems. It will help if you can give him the last eight digits of your VIN and the name of the dealer with whom you've been working.

You can also reach Robby at rolson@forestriverinc.com.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #6

We had the same problem many years ago with a Jayco Camper. I finally got Jayco to contact another dealer and he (new dealer) in another town repaired all of our warranty issues!
fkwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #7

I had the same problems with my dealer. I had around 17 issues and the dealer had my 5th wheel for about 2 months. He said that they repaired the problems. When we picked up the unit, we found that only 2 issues had been addressed. We contact FR and spoke to a Mr. Carter JCarter@forestriverinc.com and told him of our problems. Eventually, the dealer got our unit back and repaired the remaining issues within 3 days. Contact FR directly and advise your dealer that you are going to do so. Amazing how things get done from that point on.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Pebbles, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've been having with your Stealth and about your dealer's inability to get them resolved. We need to get you together with our Service and Warranty Department and get you some assistance.

Please contact Robby Olson in our Rialto, California plant at (909) 873-3777 ext. 52. Bring Robby up to date on what's been happening and ask him to help you solve the problems. It will help if you can give him the last eight digits of your VIN and the name of the dealer with whom you've been working.

You can also reach Robby at rolson@forestriverinc.com.
X2, bypass the crappy dealer and help FR to know how that dealer is representing them. He does a horrible job and FR gets a black eye, they won't like that!
Old 11-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #9

Try this contact. I had a warranty issue that I had with a leaking window that was installed wrong from the factory. I got nowhere with my local FR dealer and didn't want to make the 315 mi one way trip to where I bought it.

Steve Romero
Sromero@forestriverinc.com

Good luck and don't give up.
You paid good money for the trailer they need to make it right and I agree buy the extended warranty, $150 for another year. They don't like to advertise it but it's there and works. You have to do it through the dealer you bought it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
tb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:43 PM   #10
AMG

Advice ASAP on Warranty Work PLEASE!!!

I had *12* warranty claims on my 2016 with it sitting in someone's lot for many of the months of my one year warranty. FR guys are nice and helpful but hard as heck to get on the line. You need to be persistent. Have your last 8 digits of your VIN available each time you call even though you talked to them 2 hours earlier they'll probably ask again. Robbie is Steve's boss but get whoever you can get. Robbie is helpful too. I had to call them every time to get things to happen as my local dealers weren't getting the info correct.

I was also told that for every day it sits on the FR dealer lot waiting for service that FR considers those days u don't have it so your warranty isn't actively running. So if say in 12mo it spends 6 at the dealer you have 6 more. By default they'll prob deny you. However keep record of it all and after speaking with Steve or Robbie they'll assist you
Old 01-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
That's a tough one . Make sure all items that were supposed to be fixed is written out . the dealer should have had their service writer do this when you brought it to them . verify repairs that were done correctly and those that were not . take pictures of everything . then it;s contact the manufacture . any items that were not fixed correctly will not expire come 12/1 . this is why the pictures and contacting FR is important . send them copies of all you have with dates . then FR needs to find you a new place to have the work completed . if all this fails you either live with it and fix yourself or hire a lawyer .
We have done all of the above and still not repaired correctly. I've got copies of all correspondence, pictures, etc. Contacted 2 different folks at FR in CA, to no avail. It is unbelievable. They have til my birthday and then it's an attorney.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Contrary to popular belief, attorney talk here will not help you.

Not only is "litigating" your troubles here against forum posting rules, it will put any good will solutions "off the table" for the manufacturer.

Try a little honey first; it just might work.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
We have done all of the above and still not repaired correctly. I've got copies of all correspondence, pictures, etc. Contacted 2 different folks at FR in CA, to no avail. It is unbelievable. They have til my birthday and then it's an attorney.
Did you call the reps listed in post #5? Here is the post from Bob Byrne. How did that go?

"Pebbles, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've been having with your Stealth and about your dealer's inability to get them resolved. We need to get you together with our Service and Warranty Department and get you some assistance.

You can also reach Robby at rolson@forestriverinc.com."
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Contrary to popular belief, attorney talk here will not help you.

Not only is "litigating" your troubles here against forum posting rules, it will put any good will solutions "off the table" for the manufacturer.

Try a little honey first; it just might work.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #15
Site Team

In addition to being against forum rules, most major companies today have a written policy that as soon as legal action is mentioned customer service personnel and product representatives disengage and any further communications will be via the legal department. This usually results in a long drawn out expensive procedure. It may be the only option, but one should explore all others first.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #16
AMG

I mentioned that in the 12 months I owned my 2016 Stealth WA2916, I had 11 claims? that's a lot, right? You all know how warranty work goes right? Each time I wanted to take it in, it was a 2-4 week wait. Once it got on their lot, it was a 1-3 week period to evaluate the problem, put in a claim to FR and get the issue resolved. I found that the only way to get things done quickly was to speak with my dealer, ensure they submitted the warranty claim, 100%, then call FR speak with Robbie Olson directly (it sometimes meant leaving 3-6 voicemails before getting him) and even then he wouldn't remember (or acknowledge remembering) all our past communications (11 claims remember! each time I called Robbie) or any of the voicemails I had previously left. However, when I explained my issue to him, he would discuss it logically with me and as long as everything was laid out properly, he honored all work.

At one point he even mentioned I could bring my coach to Rialto and have them fix it at the factory (it was an extremely bad problem I had and 100% FR fault). I opted not to do that and waited out the fix at my dealer.

If you've done all those kinds of things I have done, involving Robbie or someone higher up than him (he is the service manager for these TH's), then maybe legal action is your option. I'd really try to get them on the horn and hash this out, and if need be (and you can do it) say that you just want to bring it to Rialto and get the whole damn thing fixed up. Good luck
Old 01-23-2017, 01:23 AM   #17

I appreciate the info, but I have contacted two different fella's at FR Rob Olson and Mike Rodriguez, we're just at our wits end. I'm astounded that this kind of thing actually goes on. We're giving them a certain amount of time to respond and then it's off to the lawyer. So disappointed.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:32 AM   #18

Done

After a year of hassles I'm done. What will be will be. The whole concept, the dream, all of it.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:33 AM   #19

My apologies
Old 01-23-2017, 02:16 AM   #20
2012 Solera

Many of us have given up on dealer repair and have gone to independent or mobile RV repair places (places that specialize in repair, no sales). I found one very local (15 miles vs 75 miles to dealer). Good reviews on Internet. Dealer told me "bring it in, drop it off, they will evaluate, contact FR, get aproval, order parts, etc" - estimated several weeks. Independent just fixed - in four days - correctly, the first time. I had prior approval from FR, paid independent myself, sent bill to FR, they reimbursed me.
I would go the independent route even without prior approval / reimbursement because they are convenient, fast and competent. Many dealers apparently focus on sales and see service as an expense to be minimized. Service only places have to do service well - it is their only business.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty