Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #1

And we're off!

Picked up the WA2916 yesterday from the dealership and literally drove straight to camp. We are members at a members only camp with full hookups so it made it nice to park it, plug it in and set it all up for the first time. I unfortunately had to work today so I came back down the mountain and will be heading back up this afternoon but here's my thoughts so far on the unit. When we sold the old hauler, we literally put the ramp down, moved all our stuff into my Dad's Ragen (shown in bottom photo) and when we got to camp, started moving everything back into new one. What a day....

Towing:
Wow... after owning a 22' trailer for so long this thing is a beast in comparison. My 2005 Ford F250 PSD definitely knew she was back there especially on the very steep parts of the climb up. Freeway driving and typical foothill rollers it was awesome. I had to really hold her back from going over 65 on the flat stuff. Those steep grades though... I think I can I think I can lol.

Setup:
Surprisingly smooth. No hiccups at all to speak of. I made sure unit was 100% level before putting out the slide and it worked great. Back couch is a MOFO to fold up though until it gets worn in a bit. Amp for the JBL sub had its gain all the way up. Sounded like horse Sh*& until I figured that out. Now the sound system sounds amazing.
And seriously... what was FR thinking when they designed the sewer/grey system for these? Under the slide out. The city water connection is a bit wonky with it being so high up on the slide but whatever.

Overall:
Impressed. Nothing opened on our journey up the mountain as far as cabinets, doors, etc so that was a positive. Had one captain chair on its side though, hmmmm. Nothing seems to not be working properly. There was a light fixture in the master bedroom that was cracked but thats minor.

As the weekend goes though we'll see what happens! (knocks on wood)

2014 Brute Force 300 (daughters)
2016 Days Camped: 22
Check Us Out On YOUTUBE!!
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #2

Looks nice I like the colours.
cowboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #3

UPDATE: Back home and the trip was great. The Ford PSD did really amazing pulling this heavy beast through the mountains. We did end up having some issues but nothing that wasn't easily fixable. The major thing that we ran into was the grey water tube that connects to the kitchen sink plumbing was very very loose and was leaking water into the bottom of our slide. Tightened all plumbing connections and things seem good now. Bathroom shower has a small leak where the glass attaches to the frame so we are going to do our own caulking job on it to make sure it stays sealed. Other then that, its amazing.
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote