Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #1

Fresh water tank leak?

We have a 19 stealth. Filling up fresh water tank and water observed leaking from wheel wells. Is this supposed to happen? I have heard that the water tank has an overflow protection measure, and that allows water to overflow out of the top of the tank. But it also soaks the insulation
Pjehnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjehnes View Post
We have a 19 stealth. Filling up fresh water tank and water observed leaking from wheel wells. Is this supposed to happen? I have heard that the water tank has an overflow protection measure, and that allows water to overflow out of the top of the tank. But it also soaks the insulation
Is this happening when the tank is full, or before it is full? If it is when the tank is full, yes, welcome to FR saving money by not adding an overflow hose to redirect the water to under your trailer.

I bought a digital water counter that connects to the end of the hose for $5 at Lowes. That way I know how much I am putting in. I have the 106 gallon capacity, and it is very easy to put more than what you think, or want into the tank. The level indicator in the trailer, is optimistic, at best.
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Not suppose to happen. it has a vent line that goes thru the floor to the outside. look around.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #4

Thanks! With winter package, will need to open up insulation and follow vent line I guess. Is this vent line an issue an issue on the Stealth?
Old 04-15-2019, 11:13 PM   #5

Fresh water tank leak?

Quote:
Are you sure it is just overflowing into the belly space?
Our Columbus has a freshwater overflow drain / (vent?) which comes through the underbelly enclosure behind the tires (= wheel wells?). The hose protrudes maybe an inch below. The freshwater tank drain valve is immediately adjacent. When filling the freshwater tank, I pump water in until it starts to drip out the overflow (which, by the time I turn the portable pump off and close the valve, has often turned into a steady stream!). This will continue to drain for a while, but the fresh tank is FULL.
The screen that is on the FW tank fill plate (which I would have thought was the vent line connection to the tank) does not actually have anything connected to it.
2007 Corsair. 246 RKS. 5th
dnicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:39 AM   #6

When I bought my trailer, I noticed leaking as well. Turns out poor hose clamp on the inlet hose. Replaced the hose clamp and added a second one for insurance and that fixed the problem.

Bottom line, you need to get in there and see exactly where it's leaking.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #7

I had water leaking out in same spot on my sandstorm every time I filled it up. Just got it back from the repair shop. Turns out someone had drilled holes in the top of the tank when it was being built. Had to have the tank replaced.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #8

Our issue ended up being a hose disconnect where the filter is below the sink. My bad.

Tags
fresh water, leak, tank, water, water tank