Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #1

Fuel station help

So was working fine all weekend and went to use it today and nothing. Dint think it's swollen gears pump isn't even coming on. I have a stealth sa2715 I hit the timer switch timer light comes on but nothing. Looking for a fuse somewhere but can't locate it. Panel in bathroom doesn't show anything for the fuel station. Anyone know where they hide the fuse for it?
Thumper400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper400 View Post
So was working fine all weekend and went to use it today and nothing. Dint think it's swollen gears pump isn't even coming on. I have a stealth sa2715 I hit the timer switch timer light comes on but nothing. Looking for a fuse somewhere but can't locate it. Panel in bathroom doesn't show anything for the fuel station. Anyone know where they hide the fuse for it?
Did you remember to turn on the outdoor switch? Dumb question I know, but.....
varmintnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:10 AM   #3

Yeah switch it on crap load of wires under there was going to test and see if I'm getting power. Gotta be an inline fuse somewhere just not sure why these guys would hide it or not put in in the panel. Pulled the switch panel off inside and nothing there. Still under warranty but the same deductible on the warranty makes we not want to drag it in. Gonna do follow the wires underneath today and see if I can find anything
Thumper400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #4

We have a 2012 2714 toyhauler. I replaced the gears 3 times before I finally got the right ones that don't swell and seize. I think they are green in color.
Btw, when the gears swell, and seize... The pump doesn't turn on.. it's just nothingness.
I'd guess that it's your gears.

2012 FR Stealth 2714 Toyhauler.
2017 Ford F 250, 4x4, Super Cab, 8' bed, 6.2 gas motor.
Various Desert Toys including a Rzr XP Turbo.
ADVtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:51 PM   #5

Ok I gotta ask. What are we talking about?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #6

Toyhaulers have a fuel tank underneath for fueling our toys, dirt bikes, sidebysides and four wheelers. Also the built in generator run from the tank too. Has a small electric pump to fill toys with, think his pump impeller gears have swelled to the point it won't turn.

That sucks.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2021 Chev LT 3500
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #7

got it
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #8

I have dismantled the pump away and rubbed the gears on sandpaper till I reduced them about .002”. Pump works fine again.
Shadowchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #9

Fuel station help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
I have dismantled the pump away and rubbed the gears on sandpaper till I reduced them about .002”. Pump works fine again.

Thanks for sharing. Your fix seems like a viable field repair, good to know. Sounds like this is a "when", not an "if", scenario.
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:26 AM   #10

I'm gonna sound like an idiot here, BUT: Where is the outside switch? I had an outside switch on my last toy hauler but didn't see one on this one.
BrinkDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #11

Fuel station help

I know this is a couple months old. I don't see where anyone answered your question as to where exterior switch is located. Mine is located just forward of the fuel compartment on outside of frame. Just a single toggle switch.
As for your original problem of pump not running, I have encountered the same problem. To determine if it is the pump motor or gear problem, take the gears out and see if pump runs. If it runs, it is a gear problem. Just an easy way to check without chasing wires. One caution on replacing gears....don't over torque cover bolts. Just a little to tight will put new gears in a bind and motor will not run.
No way is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel