Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #1

Just ordered a RG3210

Well after looking them all over and checking prices I feel the best bang for the buck was the Stealth RG3210, I got all the options minus the solid counter tops. I will recieve the trailer in 6-8 weeks and want to know if there is anything I should double check or look over better while going through it with the dealer. I bought it 250 miles away from home. Any comments about the trailer will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #2

Check for buckling of the siding. Looks to be a big issue. Other than that, I have loved my LX3112.
Webiknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #3

reply to your message on my profile, my reply was too long...

Hello Ponce, When I went to pick it up, we were rushed (not the dealer's fault, just timing). We did a quick walk through and everything seemed fine. They had it hooked up to shore power and we test ran the generator. We tested the hot water heater, etc... the dealer ensured us that any problems we encounter will be taken care of, just bring it back to them. When I got it home, the first problem was the rear leveling jacks. They were hard to crank! The cheesy handle that they give you is very weak. One of my jacks was actually a little bit cross-threaded. I worked it out with a cordless impact wrench and a 3/4" socket with some grease on the threads. The next thing I noticed was the feet that come with it for the front jacks, are very thin and weak (one of them bowed up, looking at the other trailers on the lot, it seems that is common). Here is the list that we made for the dealer to address when we took it back a week later:

1. Readjust all cabinet doors
2. Blinds back of left side of couch hard to roll
3. Stabilizer jacks (passenger side rear) replace
4. Front jacks - beef em up? - Nothing done, we will have to figure something out...
5. Pass through storage door bowed out and doesn't close well.
6. Door snaps too loose doors swing open (kitchen/bathroom)
7. Lube slide outs
8. Check outside speakers (one by back door sounds like it has static or is blown)
All of the problems on the list were addressed by our dealer.

In my opinion, the following items are almost a necessity (items we have stocked or modified the camper with):
1. cordless drill or impact
2. socket set or small tool set
3. tire ramp for quickly changing a tire
4. plastic leveling block set
5. tire chocks (would prefer the ones that squeeze between the tires)
6. sewer hose with a "Y", our camper has 2 discharge points (grey water tank and black water tank at one place, and galley water tank under the LR slide out)
7. Seazyme enzymes for the waste water tanks
8. better feet for the front jacks
9. I also opted to purchase the Dish Network Tailgater package ($498 for box and dish).
10. Order new table poles with base plates to move the big table to the garage couch and put two smaller tables in the LR (~$100)
11. Vent covers - Install Maxxair II - ($50/each x 4)
12. we purchase a TV/DVD combo for the garage
13. we are looking to buy a full queen size bed for the bed room
14. water pressure regulator for hooking up to city water
15. some cheap levels to mount in the storage compartment (although I keep a 2' level in there as well)
16. Undercoat trailer - ($275)

As for the hitch, I have a 2011 Ram Mega Cab 2500 (evidently not the ideal TV). I have a B&W hiding goose-neck with a companion fifth wheel adapter. The dealer told me that would work, if I also installed a RV5 hitch extender. The hitch extender did not work! It placed the kingpin back over the top of my tailgate with ~1" of clearance. I removed the RV5 and adjusted the B&W to it's highest and furthest back setting, thus placing the kingpin back inside the bed of the truck. It works, just have to be cautious of sharp turns, etc... I have researched and found a Colibert goose-neck to fifth wheel slider. I get a funny feeling that I will be acquiring one of those in the near future... lol

We still have yet to spend the night in it, but will be going on a trip the second weekend in March. Sorry the reply is so long, but these are some things we have learned that should help make it more enjoyable. Hope this helps... Any questions, feel free to ask!
b1b1das is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags