Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #1

Our "New" Stealth 2216 - Sunbeam Conv. Microwave

We just traded in an Arctic Fox for a Stealth 2216, 2012 model. It's hard to beat the Arctic Fox for quality, but we really wanted a toy hauler on the light side, so here we are. We've had a few trips now and feel we made a good choice. The only real problem was an intermittent fuel station pump, but I was able to get it working with a minimum of tinkering.

Question 1: The trailer has a Sunbeam convection microwave that came with a really lame manual. Apparently the manufacturer is out of business now. Has anyone used the Sunbeam or other convection micros? Can you cook with standard bake-ware?

Question 2: The bathroom has a distinct mold smell. My wife thinks the smell is coming from the grey tank so we flushed it out with bleach water, and we'll see how that works? Any other suggestions?

Anyways, we really like the openness of the floor plan and the lack of cabinet storage isn't too bad. We had too much stuff in the old RV anyways

Thanks from La Grande Oregon, Northeast part of the state.
Pureguava68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #2

Try this link, it has various Sunbeam convection microwave manuals. Congrats on the new toy hauler. We to like the versatility of the toy hauler floor plan. We don't carry toys, but we do take two Great Danes camping with us so we definitely need floor space.

Isn't it sacrilege to live in La Grande and not own a Northwood product

Free Sunbeam Microwave Oven User Manuals | ManualsOnline.com

'17 F350 STX 6.7 CCSB
'15 Stealth 2313
stealthWA2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthWA2313 View Post

Isn't it sacrilege to live in La Grande and not own a Northwood product

Free Sunbeam Microwave Oven User Manuals | ManualsOnline.com
It's actually worse that that because I'm a long time Northwood employee! The thing is, we don't make toy haulers that are 1/2 ton pickup towable. My long term goal is to upgrade my tow vehicle in a few years and go to a Desert Fox, maybe even a 5th wheel. By then Northwood should have a much fuller toy hauler line-up. Right now, we're selling so well that we're behind on production so it doesn't make much sense to add a lot of product we don't have time to build.

One thing I'm finding out is there are very few quality used toy haulers on the market right now, and the ones that are out there are commanding a high price. Hopefully the Stealth will hold its value at a reasonable level.

Thanks for the link to the manuals! I'll see if any of this is better that what came with the appliance.
Pureguava68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #4

Good to hear that business is booming. That statement must be true across the board for the toy hauler segment based on the darn prices. I was very surprised at just how arrogant some dealers were in regard to their pricing, and unwillingness to deal. Northwood might be well served to hit that 1/2 ton towable market. They have done it with their Nash and Wolf Creek lines. There would definitely be a market for it.

I do like the newer Desert Fox toy hauler. My only knock on the Desert Fox in the past was they were very Plain-Jane on creature comforts and interior "foof". They certainly have a niche market though for the all-season, hardcore toy hauler user. We are more of a "light duty" user, and could not justify stepping up to the price points of the Desert Fox. We have actually been intentionally downsizing. Had the WW fsc3200, loved the room, just way too long and heavy for our liking.

Have fun in the new Stealth.

'17 F350 STX 6.7 CCSB
'15 Stealth 2313
stealthWA2313 is offline   Reply With Quote