Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Given all the system failures, am I being unreasonable to expect a refund?
Yes, you're just whining. 11 44.00%
No, this is obviously a lemon and Forest River should have stepped forward months ago. 12 48.00%
Most stuff is generally fixed; you should be content with the screw job you got. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #21

Sounds like you should sell the trailer and buy a different brand. Bad mouthing FR constantly is not going to help you any.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #22

Well said lbrjet. Sell it, trade it just get out from under it. Btw, substantial body damage would def hit your deductible. Your comprehensive portion of your policy pays those claims. I doubt any insurance company would buy you tires.
Good luck.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRodeo View Post
Well figured out that the 'double insulated' floor is covering much of the area the generator needs for expelling the heat. This is why it overheats, regardless of the outside temp.

Also, there are wires melted by the exhaust pipe, shorting out and ruining the batteries.

Additionally, there is a water leak in that vicinity and the brakes stick (probably worn out already and cooking the bearings).

I can't imagine a greater PIECE OF GARBAGE than a Forest River ! ! !

The may very well be a lawyer getting involved very soon.
My thoughts exactly!

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #24

Well... screwed by the tire manufacturer now. Since Forest River refused to cover their "bumper to bumper" warranty regarding the tires (or the bearings for that matter), I got sent to the mfg. They said they'd replace the one tire I have now with the blown threads, but would have to send it in and wait weeks for a replacement. The other tires with cracks and the one that exploded are my problem... along with the body damage caused by the blowout.

Greenball Corp manufactures the garbage branded as "Towmaster" and "Transmaster".

I have plans this weekend, so it looks like I have to buy new tires and pay for the body damage myself. I don't want to file an insurance claim and raise my rates.
NewRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #25

Well, I bought new tires (out of pocket again). They said the ones on the trailer were all separating and would go at any time. That was in July.

Since then I've been in contact with the Better Business Bureau and a lawyer... and finally Robby, a "service/parts manager" for Forest River. It's taken months, literally, to get something from them other than pointing fingers and 'not my problem' type answers.

Today he calls and tells me his 'general manager' (like working with a used car dealership) is ok with covering the tires and body damage caused by the blowout. He has NO comprehension how un-imaginably infuriated I am now.

They are the the poster-children for Warren Buffet's mega corporation 'don't give a crap about the customer' attitude (Forest River is a Berkshire-Hathaway company).

Not only the insulting call, but I have to replace parts to keep the rain out because they used garbage materials. Thank you for ruining YET ANOTHER WEEKEND.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #26

Mine didnt make it home form the dealer ship before I lost a wheel bearing and brake assembly

Dealer stepped up and got me out for the labor day weekend, FR wanted to make me wait
Stealth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Well figured out that the 'double insulated' floor is covering much of the area the generator needs for expelling the heat. This is why it overheats, regardless of the outside temp.

Also, there are wires melted by the exhaust pipe, shorting out and ruining the batteries.

Additionally, there is a water leak in that vicinity and the brakes stick (probably worn out already and cooking the bearings).

I can't imagine a greater PIECE OF GARBAGE than a Forest River ! ! !

The may very well be a lawyer getting involved very soon.
I know people love to talk lawyer but lets be realistic, if you can find a lawyer to take your lemon case, you will lose the ability to use your RV while FR and your lawyer fight it out, all the while you will continue to make payments on it. the problems you have can and will be fixed, as far a lemon most states require 3 attempts to fix the same problem and usually its only for motorized units. Fed laws may help but not sure. As far a piece of garbage I can think of a few that would be ahead of FR on that list
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #28

Still waiting...

FR made a extreme low-ball offer. Reimbursement for the replacement of all tires that I paid out of pocket and 2 months payments is the agreement.

Had to involve the BBB. That seemed to keep things rolling anyway. It's been 3 months waiting on the tire reimbursement.

I've given up on the original dealer. I have to get another shop to fix some things the last one couldn't... or do it myself (electric short, brakes, ...). They, however, are having trouble getting a parts quote from FR. Seems the request has to be hand written and faxed to FR... again.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #29

I am going to go with a different brand as soon as I have the money for part of the difference. RV trailers dont seem to hold there value all that well.....for trade in I got a best offer of right at 20,000
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #30

Quote:
FR made a extreme low-ball offer. Reimbursement for the replacement of all tires that I paid out of pocket and 2 months payments is the agreement.

Had to involve the BBB. That seemed to keep things rolling anyway. It's been 3 months waiting on the tire reimbursement.

I've given up on the original dealer. I have to get another shop to fix some things the last one couldn't... or do it myself (electric short, brakes, ...). They, however, are having trouble getting a parts quote from FR. Seems the request has to be hand written and faxed to FR... again.
Did the new shop or dealer get your problems fixed for you yet, what a run around you been through. Lionhead Also wanted me to send the blown tire to them that I had. It is a stupid request and I had to pay for that if I did it to get the same garbage back, So I just eat it and bought new tires

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Did the new shop or dealer get your problems fixed for you yet
No, they haven't been able to get parts prices from Forest River, let alone actual parts.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #32

Our 2313 was in the shop for the first month after I brought it home. I live in Kansas City and traveled to California to pick it up. Had to use a forest river service center in Kansas City. They were great to deal with and I didn't have to call or deal with forest river.

We have a lot of problems but most were cosmetic. Our shower still leaks a little but we will caulk that ourselves. Forest River should be ashamed to put the made in USA sticker on the side. Ours was filthy and full of sawdust and lots of miscellaneous screws and metal shavings. No different than our Gray Wolf was. A little quality control would go a long way at FR.

That being said we love our Stealth and would purchase it again even with the initial issues.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post
Our 2313 was in the shop for the first month after I brought it home. I live in Kansas City and traveled to California to pick it up. Had to use a forest river service center in Kansas City. They were great to deal with and I didn't have to call or deal with forest river.

We have a lot of problems but most were cosmetic. Our shower still leaks a little but we will caulk that ourselves. Forest River should be ashamed to put the made in USA sticker on the side. Ours was filthy and full of sawdust and lots of miscellaneous screws and metal shavings. No different than our Gray Wolf was. A little quality control would go a long way at FR.

That being said we love our Stealth and would purchase it again even with the initial issues.
I haven't mentioned the little issues, caulking, sawdust/metal filings that still come out all over the place after a year of use and many cleanings.

I just got reimbursed from FR for the tires I had to buy back in July. Had to sign my life away. They're pathetic.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #34

I had excellent service from Lionshead. They replaced my original set of tires and when they began to crack they upgraded me to radials. This was six to eight thousand miles ago. I never had to pay for anything and they delivered the tires to my front door and paid for the mounting. My dealer did a good job repairing warranty items on my "hit list". It took about a month even though I had an appointment, however it was the middle of winter so I wasn't going to be camping anyway. I hope you will be able to get things worked out so you will be able to have many pleasant camping experiences.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I had excellent service from Lionshead. They replaced my original set of tires and when they began to crack they upgraded me to radials. This was six to eight thousand miles ago. I never had to pay for anything and they delivered the tires to my front door and paid for the mounting. My dealer did a good job repairing warranty items on my "hit list". It took about a month even though I had an appointment, however it was the middle of winter so I wasn't going to be camping anyway. I hope you will be able to get things worked out so you will be able to have many pleasant camping experiences.
Despite the constant breakdowns, friends and I have enjoyed the rig a lot and plan to keep doing so. Almost every major system as been re-worked since manufacture, so odds are decent that it'll be a much better season coming up.