Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #1

Toy Hauler Ramp conversion to Patio

Stealth Toy Hauler RG3210 Ramp conversion to Patio.
Has anyone modified their toy hauler rear ramp into a patio similar to the Cyclones?
Can the framing support the weight? I think it’s a great idea, it would be adding more outdoor space to enjoy.
There are a couple of parks if I could suspend the ramp over the lake I could actually fish of the ramp.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #2

Well, I see nobody answered your question, but I just joined and am very interested in if you were able to install the kit and how has it held up??? Thanks for any advice you have
revamped
revamped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:23 PM   #3

I've got a new XLR Boost and we got the factory "party patio" option. It's just a coated cable with a hitch pin on each end. The factory option includes a barrier with a door on the end of the platform and canvas door separating the inside of the camper.

I'm going to go pick it up in a day or so from storage for a weekend trip, I'll try to remember to take a couple pics.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #4

Here's that pic of the factory patio option from this weekend.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #5

Done

I did my Stealth, went to Lowes bought the hardware, $12.00. Then on to Harbor Freight, and bought 800lb ratcheting straps, $9.95. Done! My ramp has a rating of 600lbs, so no problem.
Mandy
Partner
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #6

Any Pictures Johnny Joe?
ibepilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjoe View Post
I did my Stealth, went to Lowes bought the hardware, $12.00. Then on to Harbor Freight, and bought 800lb ratcheting straps, $9.95. Done! My ramp has a rating of 600lbs, so no problem.
WE have the ramp cables as a factory option and they are ballsiy enough to sell it without the child proof railing system. We love it but I think our new 2017 has a much heavier door (seems like rated at 3000#) where our eleven year old Weekend Warrior door would have snapped in the middle, if you pushed a dirt bike up it too hard.

Sooooo I say watch how much weight you put on it. First time we opened ours about eight of our friends walked out on it and scared the hell out of me. If held up just fine. Our old one would have surely broken.

Most importantly HAVE FUN Tom
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler