Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #1

Vent Lid Replacement for Forest River Stealth trailer

Here's a quick how-to for replacing the vent lids on your Stealth. These instructions and parts may work on other Forest River or other brand trailer vents as well, but this is the process I went through for my Forest River Stealth FS2410 vent lid replacement.

You will need to remove parts inside the trailer AND on the roof, so bring a ladder for outside, step-stool/crate to reach the ceiling inside, phillips screwdriver, needle-nose pliers and something to clean the existing rubber seals.

First watch this great video from etrailer.com showing the install process:
http://images.etrailer.com/Merchant2...554-03_web.mp4

Next determine the correct replacement lid - you need to know the vent size and hinge type, so measure your vent dimensions (not the lid) and look at the hinges. I forgot to measure my vent dimensions, but learned from several sources that most square roof vents are a standard size. The replacement lids I found with the correct hinge only came in one size.

Determining The Correct Replacement Vent Cover For Trailer Roof Vent | etrailer.com

Forest River says they use Elixir vents which match this hinge type: Ventline/Elixir (see image below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinge.png
Views:	655
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	68376

Here is a picture of my lid with the hinge along the back.

Name:	hinge on back.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	68377

Next, purchase your replacement lids. My existing lid had the words “Heng’s Industries” on the side so I Googled “heng's industries vent lid” and found this part on rvsupplyparts.com:
https://www.rvsupplyparts.com/catalo...-lid-8693.html

These others appeared to match the type and size as well:
Camping World:
Replacement Vent Lid - Ventline pre-2008 & Elixir 1994 and up, White - Camco 40155 - Vents - Camping World
and
Etrailer.com:
Vent Cover for Ventline Old Style Rounded Dome Trailer Roof Vents - White Ventline RV and Camping BV0554-01

Once you get your lids, you should be able to follow the instructions in the above etrailer.com video and be done. The new lids should slide right on - the hinge match-up looks like this:

Name:	fitting new lid.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	68378

And the end result!

Name:	all done.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	68379

And while I was up there, I sprayed them all with Armor All, cuz I roll like dat.

Good luck - post any questions and I'll try to help.
ryandee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, hinge, replacement, trailer, vent