Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #1

Thumbs up XLR/All American Sport

I think these 2 names are the same product but not sure. We just had our new XLR delivered last week to our seasonal campground. We purchased it from All Seasons RV Center in Muskegon, Mich. It arrived with no ladders (one for outside and one inside) and a few other minor things missing. We bought this RV through the internet without ever stepping foot into it. You can image our concerns about construction, etc. We've been looking for almost a year going to local dealers and RV shows but just couldn't find what we wanted. To get to the point - we love it - built and finished very well. The cabinets, doors, fabrics, appliances, etc. are all great. This RV was an '09 close out with free delivery so we got a good deal which we couldn't find any where near the price locally. Only a couple minor flaws with design include the walk around queen bed which you can barely get into on the closet side, medicine cabinet over bathroom sink is too deep so you can't spit out toothpaste without banging your head, hook ups are on the outside not in the basement, shower is at top of RV on the backside with a short hose and no bracket to attach the head to which makes it utterly useless, and there is no cable/satellite hook up on frontside in basement. I also want to brag up All Seasons RV. They sell through Ebay and some other sites and Ted is the best for answering any of your questions. One of the outdoor speakers isn't working and I found someone else in this forum with the same problem who said All Seasons fixed it even though they didn't buy their RV from them. Very glad I found this forum and will be back often to check out how other XLR owners are doing.
lbecket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 AM   #2

Congrats on the new camper. Those things looked awfully nice when we were looking at toy haulers at the RV shows. The interior quality seemed WAY above the competion, and I really liked the outside graphics,too. Only issue wife and I had was giving up all of that space for a garage for 1 street bike. Found another manufactureres floor plan wife just loved, so we bought it. Thing is the biggest piece of CRAP I ever owned. Absolutely dread going camping anymore- something always breaks. Curious as to why you bought a toy hauler and keep it on a permanent site?
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #3

We love our 28XT, but, you need to watch the suspension and tires. We had a tire blow after about 3000 miles and upon investigation found that the load range E tires are barely enough for the weight. We upgraded to load range G. Also our suspension collapsed. It was rebuilt locally and we made sure that the repair added rigidity to it in several ways. Afterwords we determined that the springs were compormised and not holding the trailer high enough off the tires, hence tire rub on the subfloor.

Forest River and Lipert paid for the local repairs and my load range E tires. When I sent a letter about the springs they took the unit back to Indiana and replaced them at no cost. Naturally they said that the suspension repairs were not correct but I am comfortable with them in that the suspension is more robust that it was from the factory.
GDM1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #4

Overall I'm glad to see how things are generally positive. We also have the same scenario as lbecket. We purchased an XLR 29CKV from All Seasons RV and am scheduled to meet a driver half way (cleveland) from upstate NY early next week. We have never stepped foot in an XLR either but have been impressed with All Seasons and the quality and info of an XLR I can find on-line. Hopefully it will be a positive experience. Trading a Jayco Octane ZX 161. Like the unit but want to go bigger and once you own a toy hauler it's easier to figure out what you like and dont like about things. We shall see!
pruoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american/canadian sport