Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #1

2011 primetime crusader dvd player

Greetings all,
I have a 2011 Prime Time Crusader 27RET. The entertainment system is in the rear of the 5er, and has a "hidden" TV that raises up by motor. Beneath the TV mounted in the cabinet is a DVD player integrated into the center of what looks like a sound bar. There is a blank space beneath that which looks like it is made for an electric fireplace insert, and then another sound bar and/or subwoofer at the bottom.

The DVD player will not turn on. The power button is illuminated, but as soon as I press it the light goes off and the unit looses power. If I unplug it and plug it back in, the power button is once again illuminated, but shuts off as soon as I try to power on with either the remote or by pressing the power button,

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement unit? I don't want to jury rig a new DVD player and sound bar that's not made for my camper. I'd like to replace it with a factory unit.

Thanks and
Viet_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
Greetings all,
I have a 2011 Prime Time Crusader 27RET. The entertainment system is in the rear of the 5er, and has a "hidden" TV that raises up by motor. Beneath the TV mounted in the cabinet is a DVD player integrated into the center of what looks like a sound bar. There is a blank space beneath that which looks like it is made for an electric fireplace insert, and then another sound bar and/or subwoofer at the bottom.

The DVD player will not turn on. The power button is illuminated, but as soon as I press it the light goes off and the unit looses power. If I unplug it and plug it back in, the power button is once again illuminated, but shuts off as soon as I try to power on with either the remote or by pressing the power button,

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement unit? I don't want to jury rig a new DVD player and sound bar that's not made for my camper. I'd like to replace it with a factory unit.

Thanks and

Does it resemble this?

https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-AWM965...s%2C287&sr=8-6
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:34 AM   #3

Thank.you for replying. No, it doesn't look like that.it looks ike a sound bar. I have a photo, but can't figure out how to post it here.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:36 AM   #4

This is what is looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025_162333.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	241926  
Old 10-26-2020, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
This is what is looks like.

Sorry to say but an Amazon check shows that that model has been discontinued and no longer available. Ebay doesn't show any listings for that particular model either. Looks like you may have to measure carefully and find another make/model that will fit.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, crusader, dvd