Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #1

2013 318bhs

Im a bit of a newbie here. We bought our trailer home about a month ago and have it stored at a friends place due to the size of the trailer. The wife and I went out a couple of times here in the last week to start packing stuff into the storage compartments. Now being a guy who likes to play with switches I was fooling around with the switch in the bathroom to check the water level in the tanks. (Black,galley, fresh, battery) now I know the water tanks are all empty as have yet to fill them but still like to play with the switch. When I checked the galley level the panel went dead and the fuse blew in the electrical panel. I replaced the fuse with a spare. Tried again and it blew again. The weather was kind of cold outside -3C but we had the furnace running for about 1.5hrs. So it was toasty warm inside. Just wondering if I messed something up inside the tank by checking the level. I thought that what it was ment for?
Cedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
Im a bit of a newbie here. We bought our trailer home about a month ago and have it stored at a friends place due to the size of the trailer. The wife and I went out a couple of times here in the last week to start packing stuff into the storage compartments. Now being a guy who likes to play with switches I was fooling around with the switch in the bathroom to check the water level in the tanks. (Black,galley, fresh, battery) now I know the water tanks are all empty as have yet to fill them but still like to play with the switch. When I checked the galley level the panel went dead and the fuse blew in the electrical panel. I replaced the fuse with a spare. Tried again and it blew again. The weather was kind of cold outside -3C but we had the furnace running for about 1.5hrs. So it was toasty warm inside. Just wondering if I messed something up inside the tank by checking the level. I thought that what it was ment for?
You didn't do anything wrong. I know it is a pain but I would take it back to the dealer for a warranty repair. It is probably something simple but finding may not be simple.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #3

I agree, it is a punch list item. It is nothing that would keep you from camping. Heck, those monitors do not work half the time and that goes for all rv makes and models....I would just leave the blown fuse in (to avoid potential electrical fire) and go camping a time or two. See if anything else needs attention and then get it all done at one time. It sounds like a short in the wiring. Since it is only one sensor doing it, it sounds like the short is somewthere between that particular sensor and the panel. Good Luck
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #4

I will add that to my small list of little things that have gone wrong. Thanks for the help
Cedar is offline   Reply With Quote