Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #21

Blue, I second Barrys advise on the P trap. DW was taking a shower on a recent trip, I happened to have my head in the basement doing something and heard water dripping where it shouldn't be. I pulled off the access panel and found the P trap was not only loose, it was mis-aligned. I completely took it apart, then reassembeld it straight, and that solved the problem.
Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #22

Oh and by the way, I didn't get a fireplace remote either, and really don't see the need to have one.
Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #23

Once I found out the remote doesn't turn it on or off I was not interested
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #24

A couple more things for you to check while you're out having fun.
- Climb your roof ladder and make sure that the screws holding the ladder to the roof are covered in sealant like everything else up there.
- Turn off the 2 20-amp breakers in your breaker/fuse panel. Is the microwave still on? (Microwave and 2nd AC are swapped in mine.)
- In the outside convenience center that is supposed to drain any water leakage into that big hole, they put a screw in the bottom in the left outside corner to hold it down to the floor. The screw deforms the plastic and makes a nice water collection spot, which promptly drains the water thru the screw hole and into the basement floor (wet carpet). I sealed around that screw and then filled the while bottom of that with leveler so that the water would drain thru the big hole like it's supposed to.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #25

Ladder screws sealed. Microwave on a 15 amp breaker. Same problem with the screw in the convenience center. I didn't under stand what you meant about filling the bottom with leveler. I did seal the screw and subsequent small split from it being overtightened. An additional note, dropped change on the carpet and had to lift the chair/rocker and found the locking devices under them that I assume is for transit. Would of never know about these for some time if it wasn't the incident with the change.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #26

Ran out of items to look at. Its been raining for the last couple of days and one thing for sure, this baby doesn't leak. Still have a week left on this shake down. Looks like some sight seeing is in store when the rain stops. Got to check out some of the fantastic seafood I have been hearing about. Any Sanibel owners out there have any suggestions on additional items to look at, pls send it my way.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 AM   #27

Completed shakedown

Wow, a three week shakedown finally completed. The first two weeks it rained everyday, so I know this unit doesn't leak. Returned our Sanibel to the dealer yesterday with a short punch list. The major item on the list was one window that would not open without jamming up. Thanks to all the replies in this thread. This was a good learning experience for us to learn the Sanibel. Pretty pleased overall.

Tags
2013, sanibel