Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
clr

Thumbs down 2015 Sanibel 3601 sat connections questions

This is the first time that I have hooked up all the Sat tv connections in the coach. The main tv works great but I am unable to get the Sat connection in the bedroom to work with the coach connections. When I tone out the connection i am unable to find the termination in the utility bay out side the coach. I of course may have something broke or disconnected some where. Does anyone know where the bedroom sat connections is suppose to terminate so i have a place to start here? Thanks for any help.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #2

Are you sure the bedroom has a satellite connection? I know my crusader is living room only for sat.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 12-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
clr

There are two coax connections in the bedroom. The specs for the Sanibel does say there is a sat connection in the bedroom.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #4

I have a 3600, there are two connections, one is antenna and one is Sat in the bedroom. In the utility bay there are two ports, one leads to the entertainment center, one leads to the bedroom.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
clr

In the bedroom of my 3600 there are two coax connections when you are looking at the tv wall on the ceiling there is one on the left for the ant. and one on the right I assume for the sat connection but i have placed a tone on the right coax and can not find in the UDC. in the UDC there are three coax connections two on the upper right, I assume the top one is the cable connection and and lower is the sat connection for the living room. Further down the UDC and more in the middle is another coax connection I assume that this connection is for the bedroom sat connection. But when I place a tone on the sat connection in the bedroom the tone does not come out in the UDC anywhere. I am thinking some thing must be wired wrong here. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
In the bedroom of my 3600 there are two coax connections when you are looking at the tv wall on the ceiling there is one on the left for the ant. and one on the right I assume for the sat connection but i have placed a tone on the right coax and can not find in the UDC. in the UDC there are three coax connections two on the upper right, I assume the top one is the cable connection and and lower is the sat connection for the living room. Further down the UDC and more in the middle is another coax connection I assume that this connection is for the bedroom sat connection. But when I place a tone on the sat connection in the bedroom the tone does not come out in the UDC anywhere. I am thinking some thing must be wired wrong here. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Does the Tv in the bedroom work on cable or antenna? I will get a pic of my UDC for you. Hopefully it will help.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #7

I have a 2014 and on mine my UDC only has 2 coax bulk ends. On the Top right, one is for the main enternaintment, the one next to it is for the bedroom sat. I do not have a 3rd for cable in, I wish I did.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post

I did the labeling myself after I figured out which was which. Came from PT with the black labels. I added the Sat. labels for bedroom and living room.

Note: Sorry about the rotation!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141219_130920.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	67685  
Old 12-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #9

Smile RCF

a directv guy put an RCF (remote control frequency) box in ours, connected it to the satellite box. You can get one at radio shack.
We have a 2014 Signature ultralite. We had the same problem until he installed this box.
Don Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #10

Sometimes units have a ant. booster either near the living room or bedroom TV, if this is on it interferes with the Sat. connection. I also have removed the cable plates and found the cable loose or not attached at all.
Al
Det107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det107 View Post
Sometimes units have a ant. booster either near the living room or bedroom TV, if this is on it interferes with the Sat. connection. I also have removed the cable plates and found the cable loose or not attached at all.
Al

X2 on the loose connections. However, in the newer units, the satellite cable(s) are 'home runs" from UDC to wall plate (unless they hooked them up wrong at factory). Also, I think the RV industry is using orange coax for satellite so, it should be easy to figure which is satellite connection(s) by pulling the wall plates. Hope this helps some more.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
X2 on the loose connections. However, in the newer units, the satellite cable(s) are 'home runs" from UDC to wall plate (unless they hooked them up wrong at factory). Also, I think the RV industry is using orange coax for satellite so, it should be easy to figure which is satellite connection(s) by pulling the wall plates. Hope this helps some more.
That's what I thought also our is a 2013 Montana and has color coded dedicated lines for Ant. and Sat. or Cable, but for some reason that Ant. booster interferes with our Sat or Cable hookup. I traced the lines as best I could without tearing things apart and did find any reason for this either. Oh well, at least for us, I know to see where the switch is before unhooking cables'
Al
Det107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
clr

Problem resolved

I did get the picture your UDC connections does not look at all like mine. All three of my coax connections in the UDC are on the back wall of the UDC none on the side with the dump valves. I finally took the whole darn thing apart so I could see all the coax connections in both the bedroom and living room. When I took the back off the UDC so I could see the coax connections. The two coax connections in the upper right of the UDC are for the sat connections top being the bedroom and the bottom one the sat connection for the living room. The coax connection lower down in the middle is for the cable. Thanks for everyone's help in resolving this issue a little labeling would go a long way to resolve this type of issue.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #14

I went nuts with the lable maker myself too. Even on light switches because so many where clustered in the same cabinet by the entrance. But all in all I cannot complain as the unit has been great for me (even the few warrentee items where nothing to chaning my view of the RV.)

One of my plans before vacation is to install an outlet tied to a dimmer switch for the awning lights, and sort out my cable connection for the times where DirecTV is not possible due to line of site issues.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #15

I have a 2014 3601 and have both orange cables hooked to satellite and two receivers and can't get bedroom to work. I've taken wall plates off and have tried even jumping through the cable coax and bypassing the splitter and using the tv antenna and can't get anything to work. Is there anyway to pull a new coax?

Tags
sanibel