Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2016, 06:48 AM   #1

2016 Crusader 370 BHQ Ducted AC

I just purchased this unit a few weeks ago. It came with the two whisper quiet a/cs. My previous Sandpiper was the same size but a real entertainmentioned. It was equipped with 2 non ducted units. Our new one seems to really struggle keeping cool. Is there a trick to these ducted acs other this unit?

Thanks
Chris
Rude520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
I just purchased this unit a few weeks ago. It came with the two whisper quiet a/cs. My previous Sandpiper was the same size but a real entertainmentioned. It was equipped with 2 non ducted units. Our new one seems to really struggle keeping cool. Is there a trick to these ducted acs other this unit?

Thanks
Chris

When they put these units together, they don't always (never) block off the ends of the ductwork in the ceiling. This allows the cold air to vent into the ceiling space. You could take out the last ceiling outlets and build a "dam" in the ductwork right at the last outlets front & rear.
Another trick others have done, is to insulate the air return box of the A/C unit with reflective insulation.
Both have been done by several forum members with measured success.

Good luck.👍
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #3

The bedroom vents blow out very good flow and good cool air. The living room/bunk room however hardly blow anything.

Couple of questions on this:

Is the duct work through the entire camper connected?

Could I be losing air somewhere like was described in the post above?

My Sandpiper with 2 ac would freeze you out even on the warmest of days. It was equipped with a 15k and 13.5k. I have threatened putting a 3rd ac in the bunk house and running a separate power source to hook into 30 amp service on its own. I just can't believe these 2 acs won't keep this camper cooler than it does.

Thanks for the previous answer and any other advice given.
Rude520 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader