Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #1

2017 crusader 340 rst

Picked up new crusader about a month ago and still learning about it.has the 3.0 ground control with the touch pad in coach to control auto level. Just figured out how to zero out the auto level mechanizim so it now works. Do have question about tv. Went camping and had cable hook up. Hooked cable up to coach and to tv in front room. Turned off antenna booster and was able to view all channels, but tv in bedroom would not located any channels after doing auto search. Does bedroom tv need to be hooked up different??? At home both front room and bedroom will pick up stations on regular antenna. Any ideas would be appreciated. Eldon
eldonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldonj View Post
Picked up new crusader about a month ago and still learning about it.has the 3.0 ground control with the touch pad in coach to control auto level. Just figured out how to zero out the auto level mechanizim so it now works. Do have question about tv. Went camping and had cable hook up. Hooked cable up to coach and to tv in front room. Turned off antenna booster and was able to view all channels, but tv in bedroom would not located any channels after doing auto search. Does bedroom tv need to be hooked up different??? At home both front room and bedroom will pick up stations on regular antenna. Any ideas would be appreciated. Eldon

I'm assuming you switched the bedroom Tv from "antenna/air" to "cable" in the settings?

If so, check in the area behind the booster. There should be a splitter. Main coax out of the booster to a splitter, then 1 output coax to the main Tv and another output should be going to the bedroom. That one may be loose, disconnected or the connector even not crimped on properly. If that doesn't work, then the coax may have been chaffed/cut or stapled through somewhere between the splitter & bedroom. The cable will have to be re-run if the problem area can't be located.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:00 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. Once we got home I did a little more searching and I think I may have it figured out. I did switch to cable in bedroom, to make tv in front room work I thought I had to disconnect coax and hook up to second connection. When I ulled covers off both connections in 5th wheel it appears I connected living room tv to satellite and I must have connected park cable up yo satellite also. The connection I hooked up to in living area only had 1coax running to it (orange color). Of course I'm home now so can't try it out until we go somewhere again. Outside the coach there are only 2 connectors with a label "cable/satellite " doesn't say which is which. Thanks for your input
Old 07-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldonj View Post
Thanks for your reply. Once we got home I did a little more searching and I think I may have it figured out. I did switch to cable in bedroom, to make tv in front room work I thought I had to disconnect coax and hook up to second connection. When I ulled covers off both connections in 5th wheel it appears I connected living room tv to satellite and I must have connected park cable up yo satellite also. The connection I hooked up to in living area only had 1coax running to it (orange color). Of course I'm home now so can't try it out until we go somewhere again. Outside the coach there are only 2 connectors with a label "cable/satellite " doesn't say which is which. Thanks for your input

I would hope that Prime Time has some consistency in their cable systems. In my unit, I have this; ORANGE is the satellite run (no splitters), WHITE is the run from the roof antenna, GREY is the run(s) from the back of the booster to each Tv location (splitters may be involved here) & BLACK is the input from for the park cable.

And, you're right, I had to re-label my outside connectors after I figured out which was which......see attached.

Sorry about the sideways pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141219_130920.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	146701  
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:47 PM   #5

That sounds like my connections also. Thanks for help. Eldon

Tags