Old 09-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #1

2018 Prime Time Crusader Clear Coat Failure

The clear cloat is failing on my 2018 Prime Time Crusader 319RKT. See pictures. It's failing on the cap only. I've spoken with Prime Time and have taken it into the dealer for assessment. Obviously this clear coat failure/delamination should not be happening on a 2 year old rig purchased new in 2018. We'll see what happens. In case it happens to anyone else I'll keep you posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crusader_Delam3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	239894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crusader_Delam2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	239895  
C2CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #2

Read my reply #8 here; https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...am-198438.html
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply

rracer5 I appreciate your reply but I think the same today as when I first read what you said last year. What does the cap maker have to do with the price of tea in China? I bought a recreational vehicle from Prime Time not a cap from one of three unknown cap manufacturers. When Takata airbags failed states sued Honda not Takata. When a solenoid failed in my dishwasher and flooded my main floor my insurance company took action against the major brand dishwasher company not the solenoid maker. The dishwasher company was responsible for dealing with its parts maker. Honda was responsible for dealing with its subcontracted airbag manufacturer. And Prime Time is responsible for dealing with its cap maker. Not me. Generally companies find it less expensive and better for business by taking care of the customer. I purchased my 2018 Prime Time RV in April, 2018. By mid-summer 2020 the clear coat was abnormally delaminating; that despite having the rig covered during winter (obviously it would have delaminated sooner had I left it exposed to the elements). I have both a long term warranty and insurance. However, Prime Time advertises their 5 year Armour Tek protection package on a decal on the exterior of the rig. I would hope Prime Time would appropriately resolve this abnormal delamination for many sound business reasons instead of having insurance agency lawyers get involved. But thanks for replying. In any event Iíll report what happens for the benefit of other Prime Time owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Armour Tek.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	240014  
C2CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2CO View Post
rracer5 I appreciate your reply but I think the same today as when I first read what you said last year. What does the cap maker have to do with the price of tea in China? I bought a recreational vehicle from Prime Time not a cap from one of three unknown cap manufacturers. When Takata airbags failed states sued Honda not Takata. When a solenoid failed in my dishwasher and flooded my main floor my insurance company took action against the major brand dishwasher company not the solenoid maker. The dishwasher company was responsible for dealing with its parts maker. Honda was responsible for dealing with its subcontracted airbag manufacturer. And Prime Time is responsible for dealing with its cap maker. Not me. Generally companies find it less expensive and better for business by taking care of the customer. I purchased my 2018 Prime Time RV in April, 2018. By mid-summer 2020 the clear coat was abnormally delaminating; that despite having the rig covered during winter (obviously it would have delaminated sooner had I left it exposed to the elements). I have both a long term warranty and insurance. However, Prime Time advertises their 5 year Armour Tek protection package on a decal on the exterior of the rig. I would hope Prime Time would appropriately resolve this abnormal delamination for many sound business reasons instead of having insurance agency lawyers get involved. But thanks for replying. In any event Iíll report what happens for the benefit of other Prime Time owners.

You are correct. Since your first post didn't mention Armour Tek I was simply making a point on an apparent agreement PT (and Forest River) had with the cap manufacturers that extended the warranty on the caps which many are not aware of. And, I believe in those cases the cap manufacturers were absorbing some of the repair cost. But, Prime Time arranged to have the caps replaced/painted then settled with the cap manufacture (my cap was replaced with a painted one under this policy).

However, since Armour Tek came into the picture, the issue now stands with Armour Tek. It appears Armour Tek was a process applied to keep the caps from fading, blotching & turning dull due to UV exposure guaranteed for 5 years.

Either way, and as you pointed out, Prime Time will be the one to go to, to get it taken care of.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:02 PM   #5

C2C0, is there an update regarding this issue? TIA
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader, prime time