Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #1

Another reason to buy a Prime Time

On Aug the 12th we left north Texas for a trip to the moutains of New Mexico. We spent that night just outside of Amarillo, got up the next morning to finish out the trip. 50 miles up the road blew out a tire on the trailer. While changing it I notice that a large amount of water is dripping out from under the trailer right above the tires. I look and it seems to be coming from the seam where the wall and floor meet. Head on up the road to get a new tire. While they are mounting it I notice there is still water coming out. I get in the trailer, look under the counters check water lines. Can't find anything wrong. Stop later and check no more water. Head on to NM. Get there set up camp, hook up water turn it on..Water again, dripping out. Remove the front bulk head in the front storage compartment, crawl under the counters, look in outdoor kitchen..NOTHING!!!! Gave up and decided to enjoy our vacation and just turn the water on when we needed it. Coming home from New Mexico on the 20th I am thinking the whole way home we bought this coach in July of 2011 and my warranty is out. Get up on the 21st and tear into it again... Can not find anything wet other than where it is running out from under the camper. The only place you can not see the water lines is a small chase in the floor where the lines run through the sub floor. This is going to be a major pain in the a**!! I decide to check my paperwork and guess what I bought the camper in Aug not July...Aug the 8th... 14 days...2 weeks out of warranty. I called Prime Time just to see if there was anything they could do to help me out a little. After talking to Roger, he checked my info and said..." We sure are sorry for the problems you had while on your trip. If you can get it into a shop we will cover the whole thing under warranty." What a company!! I am sure if any of you have been on here a while you know about the problems I had with my trailer when it was 6 months old, and the major problems I had with the shop working on it. I am very vocal when I think I am being wronged... But when treated right I am twice as loud. And Prime Time came through big time for me then. I have told everyone in every campground that has asked me about the camper or Prime Time how great they are.. I am the biggest promoter of Prime Time you will find. You can better believe I will be shouting it from the tree tops... So nice to do buisness with a company that does the right thing and has stepped up everytime when it counted... So since my camper is going into the shop tomorrow to get the aprox $5000.00 worth of damage done when the second tire exploded in 500 miles ( Thats another story... What a trip, we had a blast, in more ways than one) I can at least rest easy knowing my water leak is getting fixed... And one less thing to worry about when you are being backed up by a great company like Prime Time.... Thanks again to everyone there!!

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

That's not just doing the right thing, that's going above and beyond!

We've had our LaCrosse 2 years come this November, so I'm out of warranty and I don't expect PT to cover any issues that may show up, but I'm confident that they will do everything they can to get me fixed up if the need arises.

Other than some of the usual new camper bugs our LaCrosse has been perfect. Great campers.........great company.

Nothing against any other brand, but when it comes time for us to purchase a new unit it will most definitely be a Prime Time!

Now the jtad, lets just see who can be the loudest!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #3

There will be several of us speaking at the top of our voices I am sure. Had several warranty issues and all have been taken care of to our satisfaction, the last just last week. Had several other small pain in the behind items that I have taken care of myself, but we are out enjoying our LaCrosse as I write this. Great service, great product providing a great amount of enjoyment. Would buy again.

Keep on talking loudly.
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #4

jtad, may I ask what brand of tires were on your camper?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #5

Similar story but was hesitant to post about it. I had a leaking window which resulted in some minor delamination. All repaired even though I was several months out of warranty.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #6

What brand of tires do you have on the RV?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #7

I too had an issue after my warranty period was up but, Prime Time stood behind their product. I have no regrets on our purchase and will certainly purchase Prime Time again come upgrade time !!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #8

I think they are Road Ryers.. 235 80R 16 load range E..

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #9

Sorry Road Riders... or JUNK !!! which ever you want to call them.

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #10

Purchase Michelin Tires, balanced and filled with Nitrogen your problems will end. Always monitor Tire Pressure!
murry52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry52 View Post
Purchase Michelin Tires, balanced and filled with Nitrogen your problems will end. Always monitor Tire Pressure!
I was unaware that Michelin made ST tires! Where did you get them???

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #12

ROAD RIDERS Man,I don't want to hear that. Same brand here! Although I have roughly 6k on those tires and no issues yet.We plan one more trip in Oct. to WDW and that will be by the time we get back roughly another 2k.Again we have not had any issues to speak of.Would you mind my asking what psi you were running at the time?

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #13

80 psi.. checked about an hour before the first blow out.. and checked the morning of the second. all tires checked with a thermal gun at each stop also... no reason for this other than the tires are a POS... I was told by my tire guy after he did a lot of research that ST tires are not rated for how many miles they can go. but by how many "duty cycles" they are put through.. and that most ST tires were good for 6,000-12,000 miles or changed every two years.. depending on duty cycles....

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU

Tags
prime time