Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #1

Anyone buy from McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Virginia

I am thinking of driving down to VA from NJ they have a 2014 Crusader 294 for $29,995?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #2

I did not buy from them, but only because we couldn't get to a close number on my trade. I had a little trouble reaching them via email and to be honest in my year or so of shopping I found it amazing how many RV dealers didn't respond to emails to quickly.

With that being said, if you call down there, they are super helpful. Of course, they are trying to sell campers but, it's a family owned business, the two brothers run the place now. One brother runs the day to day stuff and the other brother loves people and works in sales. When we were trying to get close on a deal, he was returning calls to me at 9 and 10pm from his house on his cell phone.

I'm sure he might do it for anyone and again, it's all part of the sale but, he offered to put my family and I up for the night in the campground across the street from the dealer and he'd pay for it why they got the new camper ready. Again, part of the sale but, nice offer.

His inventory does seem to move quickly, he does give the line, it might not be here in a few days and from what I have seen he's not really lying. He said he has people coming from NJ, PA, NY, etc and he loves meeting everyone personally.

If they could have gotten closer, I wouldn't have hesitated the drive down. I thought he was really fair.

Good luck to you and let us know what you decide!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #3

We stopped at McGeorge's on our way back from the Outer banks 2 summers ago. We actually drove past their lot right off the hwy, got off the next exit and turned around. They had plenty of new models but few used 5er's that we liked. Thank God for golf carts 'cause they had quite the sales yard. Good luck in your search. I'd keep them on my short list if I were ready to buy again.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #4

I did, I visited just about everyone in Richmond and surrounding areas and was most impressed with mcgeorge rolling hills. Plus they met my criteria for what I wanted and gave me options and when they didn't have what I wanted on site ordered it for me without a deposit. Just a class a operation.
dscmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #5

If you are not worried about after the sales service and can get a good deal go for it. As always warranty work else where could be a issue.
Here is a review site on service work,
RV Service Reviews=
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:31 AM   #6

We just bought an Avenger 32RED from them last month. We have been very happy with them so far. Brenton was our sales rep and he was awesome. PM me if you want more details.
Luckyme502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Do your homework. if 1 of the online discount RV companies sell that unit, price it out through them. If it is several thousand dollars less, then negotiate with McGeorges. Do a Google search of that model, and see what other dealers how the other dealers have that unit priced.

I always check out their units at the Richmond RV Show....they take up an entire building. The prices seem competitive at the show, but again, do your homework.

I went there 1 time to view smaller trailers. The salesman asked what I was driving (my current F150), I told him, and he said "you can tow any unit on this lot with that". Needless to say, I didn't buy from them......that time......but I may in the future if they have the model I want at the right price. You have to take control of the situation, and don't let the salespeople bully you.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #8
Site Team

I have been amazed at what saying no and walking away can do for price. And don't forget the toy's .

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #9

My first RV I made some mistakes local dealer took advantage of the fact I was not sure if things but rest assured the next and final Crusader with be for the price and options I want even if I have to go at it a few months to get what I want, and get all I can for free but main thing is price and craftsmanship of the RV, looked at a lot over the year PT Crusader 294 fits all my needs perfectly

Old 09-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #10

I purchased a 2012 Sanibel 3500 fifth wheel from McGeorge's. Good price and excellent service. When I took the trailer in for routine service work, they identified a frame issue and were able to repair it on site within a week. Many others are having to send their trailers back to the factory for the same issue. I am a full timer and their quick turn and support was excellent. My salesman Mark "Taz" Tazelaar also provided excellent follow on service with little maintenance and familiarization issues with the trailer. I highly recommend them.
Oldcamp1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Happy Camper

I purchased a new Lacrosse this past June from McGeorge's. I was pleased with the final sale price and I received a fair trade-in. Haven't had any issues post sale. Haven't had to take it back for anything!

2015 Prime Time, Lacrosse 324RST Touring Edition, Travel Trailer
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Big Horn Laramie, 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
W3NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #12

So after buying our new Primetime tracer from mcgeorge's (where the sales experience was wonderful) we have had some post sale issues. First the brand new leveling hitch I purchased and paid for them to install was installed incorrectly and after pulling the camper 100 miles my truck was so hard to drive that I had to get my tools out call the manufacturer of the hitch and get them to walk me through how to set it up properly. The camper pulls like a dream now and after telling this to the service manager at mcgeorge's I was met with an "I don't care attitude". Now our motorized awning is not working correctly and the gas valve on the refer won't work and the screen door handle broke off. Took the unit back to mcgeorge, they had it for 3 weeks never called me to tell me what was going on despite me leaving messages and when they finally called all the guy on the other end of the phone could tell me was it was ready for pick up. I had to pick it up after hours b/c of work and when I got there my unit was left unlocked and one of the storage doors was open! The next day (b/c it was dark when I picked it up) I went to check everything out and it seems they did no work on the unit when they had it. There was a new screen door latch laying in the floor which I guess I'm supposed to put on, and the refer still won't light and the awning still won't work. I called them and was told b/c the unit is under the mfg. warranty they can only do what forest river lets them and everything was "within spec" and if I still had problems I needed to call forest river. Are you kidding me! After getting a little upset I was told I would be transferred to a supervisor which went strait to voicemail so I left a voicemail, that was 3 days ago with no response. Bottom line mcgeorge's has run out of chances with me, will never buy from them again and it's a shame b/c my salesman Alvin was awesome.
dscmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #13

Sorry to hear this... I purchased our 3200BHT from them 2 years ago and only had to go back once for a broken grey tank valve. Took care of it in a few days. Wouldn't hurt to talk to someone different, perhaps Kevin. He's the one who took care of me.
I do on occasion go back there for parts that i can't otherwise find someplace else.... that's about all i use them for now.... everything else, you learn on your own or ask through here!!
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #14

Whoof that is a bad experience hope your in better shape now, I decided not to go to a 5er this time around all my friends have RV's so when I go camping it is only the GF and myself so going from a 28 foot Shasta TT to a Rockwood Roo 23IKSS Hybrid still working on selling mine now that the season is over and hope to get a deal on. 2015 after the new year

Old 11-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #15

I have found that no matter where you go sales and service fluctuate. I did not buy from them, but they where in the bid running for my 2014 Sanibel. Stoltzfus won out in the end, but when you talk to locals they say that McGeorge is one of the better places in the area to go for a FR product. Service has fluctuated drastically over the years and I blam the service writers being lazy. I started with really bad service experience with Stoltzfus, but they let that Service writer go and his replacement has been at the level of service I would expect.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #16

Update! We bought from McGeorge's not only did we get the price we wanted for our trade they matched the price on a fully loaded late 2015 Saphire 23IKSS. We had some small issues which they have been able to resolve and the whole deal was easy and painless with them. So far nothing but good things to say, however we will see how it goes getting some minor issues resolved at the end of camping season. A Happy Camper I am though, Love this Roo and Layout.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 10-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #17

We bought from McGeorge's too - yesterday. We received a military discount & a few more dollars off. Looking at some Internet info, the price seemed to be really good.

I am wondering - are the prices at McGeorge's negotiable? Some people say yes, others say no.
VAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMom View Post
We bought from McGeorge's too - yesterday. We received a military discount & a few more dollars off. Looking at some Internet info, the price seemed to be really good.

I am wondering - are the prices at McGeorge's negotiable? Some people say yes, others say no.

Yes we could not beat the deal for our trade and price on our fully loaded 2015 Roo 23IKSS, I was very happy, dealers in NJ, PA could not come close and most of their models were not fully loaded.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 06-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #19

Great Experience at McGeorge's RV

I've had no problems buying from these folks. Lots of used rvs to choose from too.

~Kevin
Kevin Sharington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:41 AM   #20

We have purchased our last 2 5ers from them. Great sales experience, but I can't say the same for service. When you go to pick-up expect to spend most of the day, the techs love to leave things half done, did not finish battery install, nor did they properly wash the camper. If you do buy from them, ask for Lyn, he will get you a good deal.
Charles Allen is offline   Reply With Quote