Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 05:55 AM   #1

Avenger 26bh TV opening ?

Does anyone know what size the opening is for the TV in the 2014 prime time avenger 26 BH? What size TVs do people put in there and what type of mount do you use? I bought the camper but I don't pick it up for a few weeks and I wanted to order a TV for it. Thanks!
2007 Chevy Tahoe
oswego67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

I can't honestly speak about your 26bh, but our 27RLS came with a 32 inch TV in the entertainment unit. From looking at your model on line that size should fit very easy. No need to order one though, just go to you local Wally World and get one, I mean ours came with a Colby brand.It has a great picture, but poor sound. You can buy better locally.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasurveyor View Post
I can't honestly speak about your 26bh, but our 27RLS came with a 32 inch TV in the entertainment unit. From looking at your model on line that size should fit very easy. No need to order one though, just go to you local Wally World and get one, I mean ours came with a Colby brand.It has a great picture, but poor sound. You can buy better locally.

Thanks for the info! I found one at Costco that I like and it is 32" so that is perfect. There is no wall mount on our 26bh but I found a no stud mount on Amazon that should work on the thin wall. I hope.
2007 Chevy Tahoe
Old 05-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #4

The entertainment unit wall should have a "backer board" in it for the TV mount to screw into. My unit just has the stationary V-groove plate that the TV slides down into. Same as the TV backer board in the bed room. But we hung a wall mounted fan there.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #5

Quote:
The entertainment unit wall should have a "backer board" in it for the TV mount to screw into. My unit just has the stationary V-groove plate that the TV slides down into. Same as the TV backer board in the bed room. But we hung a wall mounted fan there.

Thanks! I will look for that.
2007 Chevy Tahoe
Old 05-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #6

The TV in our trailer was part of the Touring Edition package. If I had to guess if your camper Is not a Touring Edition, or not ordered with the TV it will not had the mount. Stationary wall mounts can be picked up at most discount store now days so no need to spend a lot of money on one.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #7

Quote:
The TV in our trailer was part of the Touring Edition package. If I had to guess if your camper Is not a Touring Edition, or not ordered with the TV it will not had the mount. Stationary wall mounts can be picked up at most discount store now days so no need to spend a lot of money on one.

Gotcha. Mine is the touring edition but it didn't have a TV or a mount or any holes where a mount was. Maybe the original owners ordered it with no tv. It also doesn't have the aluminum siding that most of them have.
2007 Chevy Tahoe
Old 06-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #8
2016 Avenger 26BH

our 2016 26BH came with a TV. just priced the O.E "v" bracket for another TV from my dealer because I wanted to be able to move "all" TV's anywhere in the trailer.

The wall mount is $50 CAD, TV bracket is $70 CAD. Shamefully expensive for what they are.

Maybe someone south of the border could price them to satisfy my curiosity as to the USD prices? Thanks in advance
Cleon is offline   Reply With Quote