RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Breaker Blowing

We have had to replace the same breaker 3 times already and it has blown again.
The best we can tell it only works the overhead lights above the recliners.
Had it to the shop but since we had replaced it beforehand they couldn't find anything wrong.
Could this be an electrical or fire hazard?
romreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 15,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by romreader View Post
We have had to replace the same breaker 3 times already and it has blown again.
The best we can tell it only works the overhead lights above the recliners.
Had it to the shop but since we had replaced it beforehand they couldn't find anything wrong.
Could this be an electrical or fire hazard?
Breaker? Could you be talking about a fuse which is usually associated with 12vDC lights.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 108; booked = 32
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #3
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 8,632
I'm with Dan, sounds like you're talking about a fuse.

Can you tell us the rating of the fuse? It should be stamped into the top of the fuse. Should be a 15 amp or something close.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,541
Are the overhead lights mentioned in the first post LED or incandescent lights? That would make a big difference in the current draw for that circuit.
__________________
2020 Sunseeker 2440DS on 2019 Ford E-450, Trekker cap, Topaz paint
BehindBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by romreader View Post
We have had to replace the same breaker 3 times already and it has blown again.
The best we can tell it only works the overhead lights above the recliners.
Had it to the shop but since we had replaced it beforehand they couldn't find anything wrong.
Could this be an electrical or fire hazard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Breaker? Could you be talking about a fuse which is usually associated with 12vDC lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I'm with Dan, sounds like you're talking about a fuse.

Can you tell us the rating of the fuse? It should be stamped into the top of the fuse. Should be a 15 amp or something close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Are the overhead lights mentioned in the first post LED or incandescent lights? That would make a big difference in the current draw for that circuit.

X4 Agree with all the above. More info is needed such as; what year, make & model is the RV? Are the lights 12v or 110v? Are the recliners in a slide? If they are in the slide, do you find the circuit blown after you open the slide? Or, do the lights go out while you're just sitting there while they're on?
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breaker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.