Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM   #1

Crusader 295. FYI

Decided to add an undersink water filter with dedicated spigot. Seems simple enough. Cut the cold supply, add a T....and done. First thing I noticed when I got under the sink, the hot supply line was wet. Long story short, the faucet was leaking where the supply tubes attach to the faucet. Really cheap faucet with plastic crimped supply lines. The crimp was leaking, no way to repair. Wife wanted a pull down faucet anyway, so my 20 min filter install turned into a 4 hour ordeal, with the obligatory 3 trips to the hardware. To acess the faucet, I had to remove the trim, and the back panel of the island. Just a word to the wise, maybe a quick look under the sink is worth your time. Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-15%2011.42.19.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	144832
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkeeh View Post
Decided to add an undersink water filter with dedicated spigot. Seems simple enough. Cut the cold supply, add a T....and done. First thing I noticed when I got under the sink, the hot supply line was wet. ....... Just a word to the wise, maybe a quick look under the sink is worth your time.
i did a similar thing and found a leak from a line by my water KW1/FR1 filter.
as has been recommended by you & many others,
CHECK IN & UNDER KITCHEN DOORS & CABINETS.
surely if they can build an outdoor shower compartment they can build a filter compartment to replace & refresh as water is an integral part of camping.
thanks for the info.
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #3

I have a few questions about connections for a new faucet. The faucet that came with the crusader started leaking at the handle so we decided to replace it. I bought a decent faucet from Home Depot but am having trouble making the connections. The new faucet has 3/8" water lines and the trailer connections are obviously not that. I bought two shut off valves to work as a reducer and am having trouble getting a water tight seal at those connections. Suggestions? I'm no plumber
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkeeh View Post
Decided to add an undersink water filter with dedicated spigot. Seems simple enough. Cut the cold supply, add a T....and done. First thing I noticed when I got under the sink, the hot supply line was wet. Long story short, the faucet was leaking where the supply tubes attach to the faucet. Really cheap faucet with plastic crimped supply lines. The crimp was leaking, no way to repair. Wife wanted a pull down faucet anyway, so my 20 min filter install turned into a 4 hour ordeal, with the obligatory 3 trips to the hardware. To acess the faucet, I had to remove the trim, and the back panel of the island. Just a word to the wise, maybe a quick look under the sink is worth your time. Attachment 144832

I pulled all my lines out replaced my faucet and all the feed tubes and fittings and so far no leaks but I do check it every trip just to be sure but I use a 55psi regulator to keep pressure at a minimum, also if you leave your rig for some time, turn off the water going into it, prevents disasters.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #5

Crusader 295. FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoff2003 View Post
I have a few questions about connections for a new faucet. The faucet that came with the crusader started leaking at the handle so we decided to replace it. I bought a decent faucet from Home Depot but am having trouble making the connections. The new faucet has 3/8" water lines and the trailer connections are obviously not that. I bought two shut off valves to work as a reducer and am having trouble getting a water tight seal at those connections. Suggestions? I'm no plumber

I assume you mean 3/8" compression type connectors with a rubber gasket?

Is this a kitchen faucet? Or bath? The normal kitchen faucet should have 1/2" FIP with a conical rubber gasket to fit on 1/2" MPT. Both of these are normally easy connections.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I assume you mean 3/8" compression type connectors with a rubber gasket?

Is this a kitchen faucet? Or bath? The normal kitchen faucet should have 1/2" FIP with a conical rubber gasket to fit on 1/2" MPT. Both of these are normally easy connections.

Kitchen faucet. It is 1/2" supply line to 3/8" lines to the faucet. It's not proving to be as easy as you're indicating.
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #7

Same thing happened to me. I hired the RV Repair at the park I was staying at to replace my original with a residential one from Home Depot. He chose not to take the panel off and I think he regretted his decision. I'm happy I didn't try to do the job as my back would not have taken the positions that Ellis had to get into to do the job.

I just can't understand that as much as one has to pay for RV's today, why can't the manufacturers install residential quality fixtures!

Fred n Wilma
2017 Ford F-150 EcoBoost
2015 Crusader 295RST
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295, crusader