Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #1

crusader 320rlt slide/fridge question

Hi all,
We are seriously considering (even put a deposit to hold) a crusader 320, but have two question (more to come im sure). While viewing the unit we asked the to put all the slides in so we could see what was accessible. When it came to the bedroom slide it made a very high pitched wine (the others did not, is this normal?) and when it was finally in it sloped down a bit so you could not open the bathroom door. I thought i had read that as part of prime time's "intelligent design" the fridge and bath were accessible when closed. Just wanted to make sure we are not getting a unit that will need a slide adjustment right out of the gate.

This unit also has the 8 foot fridge (i was hoping for a 12), just looking for opinions on the two. Better/worse/wish you had gone with the 12.

We love the floor plan, and i really like what i have read about Prime time. just not convinced that this unit is the one for us and we may want to ordering instead. Biggest draw to this one though is that its a 2013 so the dealer is motivated to get rid of it.

thanks for your time
dfortier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #2

The "whine" is normal for that slide. It's Schwintek while the others are hydraulic. We are very happy with our 12 fridge.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
The "whine" is normal for that slide. It's Schwintek while the others are hydraulic. We are very happy with our 12 fridge.
thanks Barry, how about the bathroom access. Can you get into it when the bedroom slide is in?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #4

Barry has a different model. Looking at the 320rlt it looks like the bed/closet slide may block the bathroom door by a few inches. Might be a quick thing to run it out and back for bathroom use on the road. Our 295rst has the bathroom and bedroom unblocked but the fridge and living area are blocked. Works for us as its pretty easy to run out the kitchen slide for a lunch if needed. BTw I don't think crusaders use hydraulic slides.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #5

I have bump out the slides about 1 inch to access the fridge and bathroom
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #6

Thanks for the information everyone.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #7

Thanks for the correction on the "hydraulic" slides.

Since no one has yet answered your question about the fridge size:
We frequently camp with friends who have an 8 and they do just fine with it. (It's certainly more "packed" than our 12.) I think it comes down to how large your "camping family" is and how long you stay at a site. Our friends are just a twosome and are usually out about 5 days. If you're going out with 5 people for that long, you will probably want more than the 8, but adding a small outside 120v "overflow" fridge or just a good ice chest can make things work for you.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #8

Thanks again Barry,
That is kind of what i was thinking but wanted to confirm. We do have the kids along with us for up to two weeks sometimes. Most times it however it will be just us and for a long weekend, tough call. If your spending this much money, might as well get all the options you want though
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #9

change of plans

well our dealer has informed us that prime time is no longer taking orders for the 320 rlt. so it looks like we may wait to see what the newer 334 CKT looks like instead. Layout is similar, weight is about 500lbs more but length is about 3' shorter.

Tags
crusader, fridge, slide