Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

Crusader 325res Furniture

Looking for some input on replacement Sofa and recliners for our 2014 325res.
About a year ago one of the recliners started peeling and now the Sofa and other recliner are peeling too. If anyone has replaced these item any advice would be appreciated. Thinking about replacing the Sofa with a Love Seat with a center console. Basically looking for recommendations for replacements with out having to sell my first born male child.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

Girlfriend didn't like the sofa bed or booth in the Crusader she bought and ordered some recliners from RecPro. She got the RV furniture consoles and with 5 pieces it filled nicely the 12' slide. We'll use tray tabes to eat. They are a wall hugging design, recline, have folding backs with cup holders and tray, connect to each other. She got 2 end pieces with arm, 2 reclining middle pieces, and one larger 36" center non-reclining sections. They sent her fabric samples and she ordered. The sit very comfortably, the reclining mechanism seems pretty beefy but time will tell how well the material holds up.

Backs come off so they went in the door easy and individual pieces not heavy.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-consoles/

She accidentally ordered one too many pieces and the return shipping for a refund on that piece was pretty brutal so measure and decide carefully.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Girlfriend didn't like the sofa bed or booth in the Crusader she bought and ordered some recliners from RecPro. She got the RV furniture consoles and with 5 pieces it filled nicely the 12' slide. We'll use tray tabes to eat. They are a wall hugging design, recline, have folding backs with cup holders and tray, connect to each other. She got 2 end pieces with arm, 2 reclining middle pieces, and one larger 36" center non-reclining sections. They sent her fabric samples and she ordered. The sit very comfortably, the reclining mechanism seems pretty beefy but time will tell how well the material holds up.

Backs come off so they went in the door easy and individual pieces not heavy.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-consoles/

She accidentally ordered one too many pieces and the return shipping for a refund on that piece was pretty brutal so measure and decide carefully.
Thanks for the reply,
Looked at the Recpro stuff. When you mention "Fabric" are your referring to a Cloth or Leather type of material. We have talked about getting cloth because it wears beter but, we like the Leather feel.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #4

Leather like. Vinyl, ultra-leather, etc. Maybe even the hide from the endangered naugha.
I'm not there right now but the material felt OK. Not real stiff and not paper thin feeling.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Leather like. Vinyl, ultra-leather, etc. Maybe even the hide from the endangered naugha.
I'm not there right now but the material felt OK. Not real stiff and not paper thin feeling.
Will probably go with recpro stuff but, we have about a month and a half before we quit camping for the summer (gets too hot down this way) and there is a big show in Tampa in early June so we may wait and see what there is there.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

She did a lot of research, wrote and got the samples and ordered. There were shipping delays, weather related they said of a few days so they sent some complimentary, with their logo of course, mugs and drink insulator sock things. Boxes were well packed and everything arrived in good shape. All in all pretty quick. We probably won't be using it for a few weeks but as time goes I'll post any significant findings. Looks like you have time to worry about it. The fabric samples had some substantial backing but time will tell if the seating surfaces last also.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #7

I have been doing a lot of reading and looking at questions on Amazon. I just measured the existing sofa and the width is 37" it overhangs the slideout plywood by 7" looking at the Recpro specs it says I need to have 3" from the top and 6" from the bottom clearance from the rear wall. Will I still be able to mount it or will it overhang too much? Can I just screw it down in the back of the frame? It would suck to get it and it not fit.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:30 PM   #8

We also just did the same. We searched several furniture stores both for what we wanted style wise & that would fit through the door. We found at a local furniture store & DW chose powered leather Bassett theater seating unit with center console. Since we full time, we spent a little extra to get quality that hopefully will last. The theater seating took the place of the 2 rocker recliners. The new unit came apart so it came through the door with ease.

For the sleeper sofa, she went with a cloth fixed back cushion queen sleeper with an upgraded memory foam mattress. We wanted to keep a sleeper because our grand daughters like to "sleep over" when they get the chance. Be careful choosing a sleeper. Depending on the style you choose, it may not come apart to fit in the RV doorway. We ran into that problem (because I mis-measured) but, the delivery crew didn't give up and managed to get it at just the right angle with only minimal bending of the door frame. I was able straighten the frame with a pair of duck-bill vice grips.

Forum member desiphil did some major renovations and found the Cindy Crawford collection at Rooms To Go.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0726-1235.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180314_132305.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	166148   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180314_131620.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	166149  
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
We also just did the same. We searched several furniture stores both for what we wanted style wise & that would fit through the door. We found at a local furniture store & DW chose powered leather Bassett theater seating unit with center console. Since we full time, we spent a little extra to get quality that hopefully will last. The theater seating took the place of the 2 rocker recliners. The new unit came apart so it came through the door with ease.

For the sleeper sofa, she went with a cloth fixed back cushion queen sleeper with an upgraded memory foam mattress. We wanted to keep a sleeper because our grand daughters like to "sleep over" when they get the chance. Be careful choosing a sleeper. Depending on the style you choose, it may not come apart to fit in the RV doorway. We ran into that problem (because I mis-measured) but, the delivery crew didn't give up and managed to get it at just the right angle with only minimal bending of the door frame. I was able straighten the frame with a pair of duck-bill vice grips.

Forum member desiphil did some major renovations and found the Cindy Crawford collection at Rooms To Go.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0726-1235.html
My problem is I could do it on the side where you put yours but want to put on the side where the existing sofa is and the slide is not as deep. Looking at your pictures your kitchen slide is about same size.
Two questions for you. When sitting in the loveseat is it hard to watch TV since you are at a 90* angle? And did you have to run 120 power t o it, mine doesn't have 120 on that side.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
My problem is I could do it on the side where you put yours but want to put on the side where the existing sofa is and the slide is not as deep. Looking at your pictures your kitchen slide is about same size.
Two questions for you. When sitting in the loveseat is it hard to watch TV since you are at a 90* angle? And did you have to run 120 power t o it, mine doesn't have 120 on that side.

Yeah, the kitchen slide is narrower than the dining slide.

1- It's wasn't too bad but, I remounted the Tv on an articulating Tv mount. We can pull it out & swivel it toward the seats or sofa.

2 - The Sanibels have power to the kitchen table wall. The wires came up through the floor at the rear of the slide. I spliced another outlet into that line.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #11

[QUOTE=RickV;1763714]I have been doing a lot of reading and looking at questions on Amazon. I just measured the existing sofa and the width is 37" it overhangs the slideout plywood by 7" looking at the Recpro specs it says I need to have 3" from the top and 6" from the bottom clearance from the rear wall. Will I still be able to mount it or will it overhang too much? Can I just screw it down in the back of the frame? It would suck to get it and it not fit.[/QUOTE

If you pull the sofa bed partially up & out, then look down inside on each side, you may find an L bracket screwed to the side of the sofa frame and slide floor. You could probably do the same with the new furniture.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Yeah, the kitchen slide is narrower than the dining slide.

1- It's wasn't too bad but, I remounted the Tv on an articulating Tv mount. We can pull it out & swivel it toward the seats or sofa.

2 - The Sanibels have power to the kitchen table wall. The wires came up through the floor at the rear of the slide. I spliced another outlet into that line.
[QUOTE=rracer5;1763825]
Quote:
I have been doing a lot of reading and looking at questions on Amazon. I just measured the existing sofa and the width is 37" it overhangs the slideout plywood by 7" looking at the Recpro specs it says I need to have 3" from the top and 6" from the bottom clearance from the rear wall. Will I still be able to mount it or will it overhang too much? Can I just screw it down in the back of the frame? It would suck to get it and it not fit.[/QUOTE

If you pull the sofa bed partially up & out, then look down inside on each side, you may find an L bracket screwed to the side of the sofa frame and slide floor. You could probably do the same with the new furniture.
Can you still lower the TV into the cabinet with swivel mount? If so which one did you use?
Only have 12 volt on the kitchen table slide.
I will check the mount on the sofa tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #13

[QUOTE=RickV;1763865]
Quote:
Can you still lower the TV into the cabinet with swivel mount? If so which one did you use?
Only have 12 volt on the kitchen table slide.
I will check the mount on the sofa tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes. The Tv will still lower into the cabinet. I just bungle it to keep it from trying to swivel during travel. I got the mount at Wal-Mart https://www.walmart.com/ip/QualGear-...D-TVs/44659047 holding a 42" Tv.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #14

[QUOTE=rracer5;1764039]
Quote:

Yes. The Tv will still lower into the cabinet. I just bungle it to keep it from trying to swivel during travel. I got the mount at Wal-Mart https://www.walmart.com/ip/QualGear-...D-TVs/44659047 holding a 42" Tv.
👍Ordered this last night https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and we decided to go with two Recpro 70" wall hugger loveseats with center consoles.

Again thanks to all for their input
Old 01-18-2021, 05:03 PM   #15

2+ year update on RecPro furniture GF put in the Crusader. Vinyl like material is peeling like cheap bonded leather. Not everyplace but behind my head even though I use a towel because the stuff doesn't breath well and is sticky. A few other places so we'll live with it and put slip covers on when it gets too bad. It's not a matter of sun exposure since we put the blinds down when we are not there. Just poor quality material.

Tags
crusader