Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #1

Crusader 360bhs Q's

Hello,
Does anyone know if the 2013 models came standard with heated valves, tanks, and underbelly? Of if there is anyway for me to tell without removing the underbelly enclosure? I have read on several brochures that it was standard / mandatory as of 1/1/13 and we purchased ours 1/17/13 , but some list it as optional
Thanks
Julie
jasjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #2

Heated means there is a furnace vent going to the basement. If your gas furnace is not running no heat is going to underbelly. No electric heat is standard in underbelly or offered as an option afaik. Heated underbelly using gas is pretty standard.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Heated means there is a furnace vent going to the basement. If your gas furnace is not running no heat is going to underbelly. No electric heat is standard in underbelly or offered as an option afaik. Heated underbelly using gas is pretty standard.
We seldom have used the furnace to heat, we use an Eden Pure electric heater. To utilize the basement heat feature without the furnace, I wired a switch on the furnace fan to let it run without the burner being on. Works great as it circulates the trailer heat without using propane.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjuju View Post
Hello, Does anyone know if the 2013 models came standard with heated valves, tanks, and underbelly? Of if there is anyway for me to tell without removing the underbelly enclosure? I have read on several brochures that it was standard / mandatory as of 1/1/13 and we purchased ours 1/17/13 , but some list it as optional Thanks Julie
Did you purchase it from the dealer on 1/17 or you ordered it on that date? There's a sticker on the outside that give the manufacturing date. Go by that.

Electrically heated tanks is standard now, but I don't know about then. You should find at least two lighted switches in your inside control panel that are for the tank heaters. You can also call PrimeTime, give them your VIN number, and they can tell you what's in it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #5

Given your year of production you likely won't have tank heaters. Your tanks will be actively heated via furnace ducting though.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader