Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
try to press enter to remove the error message when it says acknowledge. or turn the unit off unplug the panel in the back wait a few mins. plug back in and try it. Is your system electric or hydraulic? Can you post a pic of the arm your talking about?
X2, A pic would help see what kind of system is is.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #62

Thanks for your time and interest!

Hopefully, the pics are attached.

I unplugged, waited a few minutes, and got the same error message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Control2.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	64111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Control1.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	64112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Rear Leg.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	64113  
FarmerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #63

Check for 12v power at the jack plug (if it has one). You may be getting an error because it's unplugged or shorted. Check the ground circuit too. Also, apply power to the motor at the jack with a battery and see if it moves. If so, you may have a wiring issue.

BTW, what kind of work did they do? Were they working in that area of the slide or jack?
Old 10-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #64

They were adjusting the kitchen slide-out on the opposite side of the trailer. I can't see where the wiring runs under the trailer so not sure if is in that vicinity or not.

The connections appear to be hot at the motor. One of the messages on the control is to manually retract all legs. I've tried that, too, pulled them all back up and tried to go again. Front legs are working like they should and left rear works but anytime I try to do anything with the right rear, I get the error message. The left does continue to extend, however.

I was wondering if the leg was jammed up in the slot. Thought if I could move it at least some, maybe it would free it loose.

May just be going 65 miles back to the dealer again. Getting tired of that drive!!
Old 10-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTex View Post
Hate to change the direction of this thread but have a question to ask.

I have a 2014 Crusader 325RES that I just got back from the dealer having warranty work done on it. When I tried to set it up once I got home, I keep getting an error message about the right rear leg. It won't move at all, even in manual mode. I'll have to take it back I guess on Monday but wanted to do some things this weekend.

I noticed it has an arm that appears to allow manual operation with a tool of some sort. I don't see anything in my trailer that would fit but my truck jack handle might if push comes to shove, just not much room under there to work with though.

Are you aware of a tool and has anyone ever tried to operate it by hand before. Thought it would be nice to know how to do it should we be on the road at some point and have problems.

Thanks!!
I had the same exact issue with mine. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ues-66516.html and it has been a pain in the rear.

I put it in the shop and they found water in the motor, they emptied it, dried it and the motor (LR) worked again. Lippert said no go on warranting the motor. Well I had some other work being done and when they completed that they QA/QC'd all of the repairs and the the rear motors would not work again. This time the tech said both rear motors are shot plus the control panel. Lippert is is now paying and parts are being shipped this week.

I have no idea how water would get in that left rear motor. It is tucked away pretty good under the slide. I just watched the video on PT's Rain test to see if they had jets shooting from below but I couldn't see anything of the sort.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #66

You could try tapping the foot pad a little then try the separate battery thing directly to the motor. Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #67

That is a state of the level control. It's being paired with elec jacks w/ pin lock. I'd venture to guess the problem is with the control relay to the jack power or the jack itself. Maybe call Lippert and relay symptoms to a tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #68

Found this on another forum, the guy had the same problem.
"The original design has a socket on the top of the motor that will accept a ratchet driver. If yours are mounted horizontally, look on the end of the motor for a rubber plug. It may have a socket under it that you can drive with an electric drill, like the hydraulic slide motor." I'm not sure if you have the 2.0 or the 3.0 ? this was for the 2.0. google ground control 3 and it will take you to that forum. I also know that in August of this year Lippert changed the design of the boards, probably just a software change or update. You also stated that you have 12v. Then it would not be bounded up, because the fuse did not blow. Leaves 2 things MOTOR or BOARD. Also I read to pull your battery disconnect then reset. Might have to do with an controller down the line. Worth a try I guess.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #69

Crusader Auto Leveling System Worth it?

It's electric. You should have a manual crank that works with the front and rear jacks. Usually left in the basement. Has a round gold end with a slot. You can also try lowering the front jacks to get the pressure off of the rear then enter manual mode on the panel. Push retract and then rear and hold it untill it comes up. One of the tricks with the back jacks is to not put them fully to the ground before hitting auto level. Leave 4-6inches of travel then hit auto level. That seems to work better. Mine jammed a few times untill I figured that out. Been working fine since.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 10-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #70

Since I sidetracked this thread, thought I needed to follow up on the status of my rear jack that wouldn't come down. Took it to the dealer and I was told today that it is the motor shorting out. They are trying to track one down now. Apparently, it's the same style but geared different than the motor than operates the slide-outs.

I tried to manually get the jack down but I couldn't get it to budge without putting too much pressure on it and I didn't want to complicate matters by making things worse, so I stopped.

Back to the original poster's question, I am glad I got the auto level system and would do it again. It has been a learning curve to figure out how the system best works. I didn't get very good instructions from the dealer when we did the walk-around, in fact, the guy was flat wrong in how to use the system. Watching the video that came with it was well worth the time.

The system isn't perfect, I probably have about 75-80% success rate with it. The other times I typically get an out of stroke message, it's just really hard to understand why when the site is fairly level to start with. Even when it isn't successful, it's so close to level that just some tweaking manually and you're there. I also agree about starting the nose level or below the rear. Don't seem to have the problem of the wheels being raised off the ground when done that way.

I appreciate everyone's help/suggestions/ideas on my problem!! We're off to AL/TN/KY this weekend!

Tom
Old 10-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTex View Post
They are trying to track one down now. Apparently, it's the same style but geared different than the motor than operates the slide-outs.

Tom
They should be able to easily get them from Lippert, I have 2 on the way from them as we speak.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #72

I have been going through the learning curve of getting these to work properly as well. Combined with mis-information and my own experiences it is coming together.

I've learned to drop the front inner legs eight or so holes, then deploy the jacks. there has to be enough room for up and down movement on the leveling jacks after the truck has been removed and the front of the trailer lowered. Then I just gauge how far to lowered the inner rear jacks based on how far away from the ground they are, again leaving them far enough up to allow 4-5 inches of auto - jack movement in both up and down directions.

If it's a little off-level side to side I use 1 or 2 leveling block as required!

2014 Crusader 351 REQ Touring Edition (the Cottage)
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT (Allison B)
Nights in the Cottage: 2014: 27, 2015: 80 2016: 47,[B]2017:41
2018: Jan= 2, Feb=2, Mar=3, Apr=2, May=7, June=5, July=15, Aug=1,Sept=2,
Running Total:232
Rigpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #73

Rigpdx, that is basically the same thing I have learned with mine and almost exactly the same procedure I use.

I try and get it 'close' side to side first. Usually only 1 lynx leveler will do it, or get me close enough.

Then drop your jacks so that there will be enough movement for the system to find it's level without lifting the tires off the ground.

It took a little bit of getting used to, but now that we are familiar with it we would not want to be without auto level.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #74

Just bought a 2014 crusader 334ckt, absolutely love the self leveler. Control panel located inside driver side basement. Love it!
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy94 View Post
Just bought a 2014 crusader 334ckt, absolutely love the self leveler. Control panel located inside driver side basement. Love it!
Hay that is great nice unit and even better is your auto level, your right you will love it..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #76

Thank you sir
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader, leveling