Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #21

Oops posted in the wrong place.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie1138 View Post
Wicked1.....yer killn' me with that mod. I have been wanting to do that for a while. Unfortunately for me, the wife saw it as I was looking at your install....guess what I have to do now....

Having made your install on PT's countertop, do you think it will hold up? I was thinking I might have to add a metal plate underneath for added support, or do you think it will be ok?

Was your fan install with the wired remote or the wireless? Mine was with the wired one. I had to run the wires thru the attic to the wall by the kitchen. I cut the opening for the control, used a long flexible drill bit like alarm installers use up into the attic space. Then a boroscope camera taped to an electricians fish tape to run the wires. Came out great, but had that extra step. Got the 10 speed reversible wired remote version of the fantastic fan at a killer price during a close out.

After 4,000 miles has held up perfectly I do however check the lines and fittings every so often to make sure there are no leaks and I have spent a good amount of time on some rough roads so has held up very well, wife keeps saying when we trade it for the new 5er eventually I am taking this one out and putting stock one back and I assure her that will happen. If you guys are looking for a good faucet follow my links they both work very well and hold up thru all the bouncing.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #23
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
W1, shortly after posting, I found a deal on a faucet and put it in. Put a nice one in the bathroom as well. Got me off the hook! It mounted up just fine, and is solid! Like you, I keep an eye on the leaks. Installed some cheapo leak detectors from Spama-zon to keep things dry. They hook up to a battery and you place the sensor wherever you think a leak will happen. About 1.50 each.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #24

I just installed a household faucet removing the plastic piece of junk that was starting to give us issues mainly the finish & sprayer that's just spraying in all directions. Thought it was some kind of build up used CLR to unclog it but it didn't work, even took it apart & cleaned the screen it's just shot. Having solid surface countertops a household unit fits just fine plenty of strength needed to install. So far we are happy with it & it's a worth the upgrade.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #25

Household faucet installed so much better than the plastic faucet. I placed the handle on the left VS the right because its easier for my wife to reach it. Solid surface countertops have plywood backing & are more than strong enough to support a household faucet.

The stock plastic faucet was starting to get light marks on the plastic & looked bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	160785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	160786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.jpg
Views:	59