Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2021, 07:06 AM   #1

Crusader Soft Spongy Floors

We have a 2016 Crusader 295RST and have developed soft floors around the island.

Is there a resolve for this or are we stuck with it like the faded front cap?

I emailed Prime Time however, I don't expect a reply, problems seems to fall on deaf ears.

Thanks in advance
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #2

Unfortunately, with a bonded floor like many non-full-time rigs, this will happen in the high traffic areas of the coach. I have seen the "epoxy injection method" for spongy floors plenty of YouTube videos on how this is done. Our floor has a soft spot near the kitchen and we also have had the dreaded faded cap issue, 2016 Crusader, we had ours painted under warranty we are original owners and Prime Time has a 5-year warranty on the front cap. Best of luck with your repairs.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Unfortunately, with a bonded floor like many non-full-time rigs, this will happen in the high traffic areas of the coach. I have seen the "epoxy injection method" for spongy floors plenty of YouTube videos on how this is done. Our floor has a soft spot near the kitchen and we also have had the dreaded faded cap issue, 2016 Crusader, we had ours painted under warranty we are original owners and Prime Time has a 5-year warranty on the front cap. Best of luck with your repairs.

When I had mine repaired the warranty was 30 months from date of manufacture. IF they extended it to 5 years, good news!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:56 PM   #4

I have a 2015 Crusader Light 28RL. I just did the epoxy injection method and it work very well. Attatched picture was the size of the soft area.

Epoxy used https://theepoxyexperts.com/max-gpe-clear/ from Amazon. 300ml syringe's from Amazon.

Drilled 3/16 holes around the soft spot and near the middle of the soft spot about 1 foot apart. Injected in the holes from the outside with 300ml syringe and watched for epoxy to come out of the holes near the center. After cure used a silicone caulk the color of the floor. Can see the holes if you are looking for them, but better than a soft floor.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210828_092403.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	262923Click image for larger version

Name:	20210828_092446.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	262924
jpforsyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 05:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpforsyth View Post
I have a 2015 Crusader Light 28RL. I just did the epoxy injection method and it work very well. Attatched picture was the size of the soft area.

Epoxy used https://theepoxyexperts.com/max-gpe-clear/ from Amazon. 300ml syringe's from Amazon.

Drilled 3/16 holes around the soft spot and near the middle of the soft spot about 1 foot apart. Injected in the holes from the outside with 300ml syringe and watched for epoxy to come out of the holes near the center. After cure used a silicone caulk the color of the floor. Can see the holes if you are looking for them, but better than a soft floor.Attachment 262923Attachment 262924
how deep did you drill holes?
and how much epoxy did you need ?
looks like that's about the only way to solve the issue.
thanks for sharing and keep us updated
DavidAndDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #6

Just thru the 1/8 inch Luan and flooring about 1/4 inch. I used about a quart of epoxy on my unit. The separation is just under the first layer.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:40 PM   #7

PS: Also buy mixing cups, the ratio is important. Also it makes the job alot easier.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpforsyth View Post

Drilled 3/16 holes around the soft spot and near the middle of the soft spot about 1 foot apart. Injected in the holes from the outside with 300ml syringe and watched for epoxy to come out of the holes near the center. After cure used a silicone caulk the color of the floor. Can see the holes if you are looking for them, but better than a soft floor.Attachment 262923Attachment 262924
JP- I have the same problem, & like the OP have emailed PT. All I wanted to know was what the bonded construction was & how it was made....etc, but these folks do not reply to emails especially if its a simple question. Anyway, how long ago did you make this repair? I see you stated it has done the trick for you, I was just curious as I was gonna rip into mine to repair it. I also have another soft spot to get dealt with. Thanks
Marc-Loretta-Mya(The Boss)!
Nitescan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #9

I received this from Wendy at Primetime.

Your flooring consists of two-1/8" of Luann sheeting, Styrofoam aluminum tubing and then under that one 1/8" Luann sheeting, and then that is all laminated together or pinched rolled together. All these components work together in our laminated flooring.

I just did the Epoxy injection about 4 weeks ago. I am currentlly on a two week trip in my unit and it has not changed at all. Floor is solid. No need to rip into the floor. Only took me about 1 hour to repair and two days to cure. I am sure other spots in different locations will show up as I continue to use the unit. If they do I plan to do the same repair.