Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #21

I have a lacrosse 318 and after my trip to Florida I really miss the fifth wheel style. I just went yesterday and looked at a cougar and I have to say the quality on the lacrosse is miles above the cougar and I saw it right away...I would have to assume the crusader is above as well since it seems to have the same foot and finish as my lacrosse...just the bunk house model is not 1/2 ton towable..

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #22

We had a Keystone and moved to a Columbus! Loved my Keystone at the time........ Love my Columbus now

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #23

I might have missed something when looking for a "1/2 Ton towable " 5ver. Or did I ? The Cougar that i have has a Bedroom slide,( lots of head room for me iam 6 ft tall ) weighs 7,700 lbs..has a remote ..for stabilizers..awning..outdoor lights...both slideouts.. all for.. $33 K..So was there a Prime Time that i missed ?? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4531.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	12440
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
I might have missed something when looking for a "1/2 Ton towable " 5ver. Or did I ? The Cougar that i have has a Bedroom slide,( lots of head room for me iam 6 ft tall ) weighs 7,700 lbs..has a remote ..for stabilizers..awning..outdoor lights...both slideouts.. all for.. $33 K..So was there a Prime Time that i missed ?? Attachment 12440
And that $33k ( out the door pricing ) included the 2 slide toppers and a new.. installed ..16k slider hitch
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #25

Worth a read...
Tow Ratings Finally Pass the Sniff Test - The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) - Automobile Magazine

(I know this is dated, but I believe that as of today, only Toyota has tested and revised their ratings to the "new" standard, and have been doing so since 2009....) Then again, I believe nothing of what I hear, only 1/4 of what I read, and at best, 1/2 of what I actually see. Every, and I mean EVERY, vehicle manufacturer (cars, trucks and motorcycles) has brazenly lied to me far too many times for me to take anything they say or publish without a huge grain of salt and tons of my own quantitative and anecdotal reasearch!

Never forget, guys, we can and do fall in love with our trucks... but there has never been and never will be a case of a truck falling in love with its owner!

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #26
290RLT with 06 Ram Diesel

Keystone

I had a keystone TT before I bought my Crusader 290RLT(last fall) and was very satisfied by Keystone quality. We bought the 290 because of the deal we got, the floor plan, and a couple of features with Prime Time.
For one.......the slam doors (like a motorhome). Another.......the placement of the TV in relation to the living room chairs. I just looked at the 318SAB floor plan and was impressed. Keystone and Primetime are both quality units and if all is equal I would pick the 318SAB. The bedroom layout is better and I like the small desk area in the entertainment slide, it is very useful, as is the TV on swivel arm. Can you opt for table and chairs instead of the booth dinette? Is it wired for a second AC?(this is important). I have had no issues with my 290. Hope this was helpful.
AeroScout is offline   Reply With Quote