Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
Welcome to the world of Prime Time. Just when you get over the disappointment and problems of your trailer and start to like it, some other problem arises.
I have a 2012 Crusader and the brown cap is discoloring. I always keep my trailer washed and waxed and it is covered so the little bit it has sun on it isn't the problem. As others stated I think it's the cheap products Prime Time/ Forest River uses. Are they going to warranty or make good the problem? Don't hold your breath. If your trailer is out of warranty, it's your baby and you're S.O.L. I have even gone to their Facebook page and asked about the fading and the post mysteriously disappeared. So enjoy what you have and remember it next time you're in the market for a new trailer.
Switching to another manufacturer isn't going to solve that issue. Across the road from me right now sits an Outback (Keystone) and the whole top quarter of his brown cap is faded/oxidized almost completely white. IMHO, it appears that ALL the manufacturers delt with the same company producing inferior gelcoat caps.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #22

Just saying rracer5, don't look to Prime Time for new and improved, step above the rest as advertises, because they're not.
I've had many campers by different makers that are all pretty much the same quality, not much better then the other.
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #23

For me even with their issues I think PT is one of the best offering so many features for a decent price, I have a Forest River Shasta and they are not willing to work with you on anything so fixed everything myself right the first time, can't wait to get my new Crusader

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
For me even with their issues I think PT is one of the best offering so many features for a decent price, I have a Forest River Shasta and they are not willing to work with you on anything so fixed everything myself right the first time, can't wait to get my new Crusader

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
X2. I have contacted PT directly several times directly since we went full time and are now 900 miles away from my dealer. And since we live in it, it's hard to "give it up" to another dealer to do warranty work, at their leisure, just because I did't purchase from them. Each time I have received nothing but prompt service and solutions to my issues.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #25

I have a 2013 Crusader 335BHS with this problem. Happened suddenly and it is really bad. Looks terrible. It is just out of warranty and I am waiting on a response from the rep. Will keep you posted.
jquatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 PM   #26

Discoloration on Nose Cap

Bought my 2013 lacrosse in April 2014. At the end of season I noticed the fading on top of my brown cap. Figured 2ft by whole width. Tried to polish it with compound and high speed buffer. Sort of came out but when I applied a coat of wax. Blam! Back to the chalk white. It's at my local dealer now getting some warranty items fixed as well as the paint issue. Curious to see what there gonna do. Still under the 1st year warranty. Called the factory and they admitted it happens and said to take to dealer. I'll keep you all posted.
Kunaman234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddphillips52 View Post
I don't have a solution, but my 2013 295RST is doing the same thing. Very top of the front cap is faded from brown to almost white.
Update. Contacted Prime Time and they agreed to fix mine even though it was out of warranty. The factory just finished a paint job with new decals on the front cap and I should be getting it back next week. Excellent customer service!
2020 Ram 3500 Dually with HD Cummins TD
ddphillips52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:15 PM   #28

We have a 2013 312BHX and the cap faded terribly. My dealer saw it during a routine service appointment and worked with Forest River to have it repainted. It was out of warranty, but they covered it. I was very happy. Honestly, a beautiful rig is the best advertising they have. I don't know why they wouldn't pay for it. We were very happy with the service from Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs. The yhandled the entire repair with a local body shop. We never wrote a check to anyone. Just dropped it of and picked it up.
scroses40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:48 PM   #29

My Sterling is in the shop right now waiting for an answer from FR. I just heard from my service manager and she told me that FR is to let all of their dealers know on Friday how this fading front cap issue is going to be resolved. It was relayed to me that this affects MANY of the front caps out there. Fingers crossed.....
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #30

While in Indian this past summer I saw piles and piles of caps in the process of being re-painted. From what I had heard it did impact quite a few brands.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMattox View Post
My Sterling is in the shop right now waiting for an answer from FR. I just heard from my service manager and she told me that FR is to let all of their dealers know on Friday how this fading front cap issue is going to be resolved. It was relayed to me that this affects MANY of the front caps out there. Fingers crossed.....
If you find anything out MMattox please come back and let everyone know. As you said, it affect many of the forum users. My wife's cousin owns a Sterling with front cap issues and has gotten no where with the dealer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #32

I think that a “Auto Body Wrap” would be the way to go. Just have the nose wraped. I would get rid of the manufactures name! My feelings are, if they don’t want to pay for it, I’m not advertising for them. There are a lot of nice graphics out there.
My nose decal is all cracked ( the large Crusader name ). Primetime told me a year ago, they will not replace it. I have had people come up to me and say “ nice trailer, what’s up with the decal”. If Primetime likes that kind of advertisement, that’s fine with me. I plan on selling soon, and getting into a Grand Design.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #33

Has anyone tried a product called Vivilon on the issue.

I do not have fade...yet...I doubt based on research a better gel coat is being used on the 2015 models but I could be wrong. Like to be prepared if it starts.

Pictures of How to Restore Like New Color & Shine to Faded Fiberglass Gelcoat
Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #34

Here is my dealers response. I bought the second year warranty and feel that this is a manufacture defect and should be covered 100% I have replied to them asking for them to contact FR again and ask for reconsideration that I have the warranty. This "offer" would seem more appropriate if I was 6 months out of warranty and wanting them to fix it. Now I have to weigh my options......What is everyones thoughts on this? I have seen that there are people here that have had theirs fixed.....don't know what to do

Mike-

I finally heard back from Forest River about fading caps.

There are two options for you to choose from.

Option 1: Forest River will contribute $500 for the front cap to be sanded, buffed & clear coated and you will have to pay the different.
Option 2: Forest River will contribute $900 for the front cap to be repainted & new decals to be installed and you would have to pay the difference.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Monique Webber | Service Advisor
Phone 888-413-1112 ext 1730
monique.webber@poulsborv.com
506 Jacks Lane Mount Vernon, WA | 98273
Everett | Kent | Mt. Vernon | Auburn | Fife

www.poulsborv.com

MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #35

I would choose option 2 and get a quote on how much it would actually cost to have it repainted and new decals applied. If the quote exceeds the $900 I would contact the Wildcat Warranty department directly. Let them know you are still covered by the second year warranty and request full reimbursement for the work. Anything less than 100% reimbursement would be unsatisfactory in my opinion.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #36

My 295RST front cap is extremely faded well within the first 12 months but I can only add it to a very long list of other problems.
Primetime workmanship is very poor and quality control even poorer.
Roger Stickel whom others have praised has been no help at all and will use any excuse to avoid Primetime's warranty responsibilities.

Not a happy camper.
Samaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
My 295RST front cap is extremely faded well within the first 12 months but I can only add it to a very long list of other problems.
Primetime workmanship is very poor and quality control even poorer.
Roger Stickel whom others have praised has been no help at all and will use any excuse to avoid Primetime's warranty responsibilities.

Not a happy camper.
I have the same thoughts of Roger. That is Primetimes logo up there ( big as life ). You would think, that they would want it to stand proud !!
Quick story…… I went to a RV show last week-end. Bumped into a salesman ( I have known for years ) for a local, large, nation wide dealer. I asked him this … Do you feel the quality has gone down, with the volume of units being produced. He replied ( as he lowered his voice ) “Yes“. He said, they would be able too prep. a unit, from the factory, in about 1.5 hrs. It now takes about 3.0 hrs., because of quality issues.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #38

Absolutely no excuse for these caps fading. There might be one brand that hasn't had the issue, but that's about it. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against the cap builders. All brands are responsible for this as well. We know as well as they do that they all have cap problems.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #39
Casper

Cap fade 2012 Outback

I had a 2012 Outback that did the same thing..Factory would not do anything about it
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I would choose option 2 and get a quote on how much it would actually cost to have it repainted and new decals applied. If the quote exceeds the $900 I would contact the Wildcat Warranty department directly. Let them know you are still covered by the second year warranty and request full reimbursement for the work. Anything less than 100% reimbursement would be unsatisfactory in my opinion.
x's 2, take that option then after fight it out if any more is required. Decals are cheap and any paint shop would do it for that. What do you think made it fade? Take to an auto shop and ask how much for them to repaint it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote