Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #1

Dometic AC Manuals

Did not get manuals for the Dometic ACs installed on my 2013 Sanibel 3500. The manuals are not available for download on the Primetime site, nor listed on Dometic's site

The units are:
Dometic 15K- 541816A701C0 and 13.5K- 541815A701C0

Looking for the service manuals and parts information. Any assistance would be appreciated.

In addition, I was attempting to pull off the shrouds to accomplish preventative maintenance and found the rear one to be extremely brittle and cracking . I could not even budge two of the fasteners, so I put that on hold. Took the unit on a 6 month trip from Va to Arizona and experience some high temps. Was surprised to see how brittle the shrouds become considering I have not had the unit for a year. How do you get the fasteners out??? Some of them appear to be epoxied in.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #2

Followup on my initial posting above.. I received an electronic installation manual and parts listing for my unit, after submitting a request to Dometic. I also found the parts list and MSRP for parts on this site- www.edometic.com

A lesson learned on removing the AC shroud fasteners is not to use a phillips head tool, but to use a special square shaped tool bit. The rear cover was extremely brittle and started to crack when handled. Was disappointed since we have not had the unit for a year. Local dealership stated that they deteriorate rapidly due to the exposure to the UV rays. A replacement is a little $100.00+ I decided to repaired with JB weld and should be able to get another year use out of them (hopefully). Both units had a slight buildup of dust/dirt on the fins. I blew them out with compressed air followed by a flush. Good to go for another year.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, manual, manuals