Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #1

Electric Fireplace

The electric fireplace in our Sanibel has been working correctly until last night, when the auto thermostat control stopped working. At first there was no heat, while in auto mode, coming from the unit until I shut it down for a while. After turning it back on and placing it in auto with a thermostat setting around 70, the heat came on but never went off. The unit works fine in the two other manual settings (750w and 1500 w) I guess this will make it to the punch list. Today is my last day of our three week shakedown and will be returning it back to the dealer tomorrow with a short punch list.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #2

That sounds odd, but id add it to the punch list and let them deal with it.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #3

The thermostat doesn't work on these because the sensor is inside the box and not aware of the ambient temperature. There are some threads on exposing the sensor. I just don't use it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric