Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #1

Smile Factory Tour

hey fellow campers, we just returned from the Prime Time Manufacturing facility where we were given a fantastic tour by Joe. We were able to see the manufacturing process from start to finish and we were really impressed with the process, the friendly and hard working staff and the completed rigs. We would highly recommend taking the tour if you are in the area, it is well worth it! I took a lot of pictures and hopefully I can get some up later this week. Our 5er will be started on Feb 24 and should be at the dealership within 2 wks.

Hurry up Spring/Summer!!!
Tkcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #2

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Have you got that first campsite picked out yet?
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Greetings Gary & Trish,

We too took a factory tour back on 2009 when we purchased our Graywolf 19RR (Forest River).

I think this is a BRILLIANT idea on the manufacture's part. Forest River was sooo kind and welcoming and the people working in there were so nice. The workers talked with us and thanked us for considering purchasing one of THEIR RV's. It was so personal.
The tour really helped us make the decision on what manufacture to purchase from and what model we really wanted.

Even after we purchased our trailer...we stayed with the dealer in Middlebury IN for several days to make sure everything worked the way it was suppose to. We had another opportunity to go back by the factory to pick up some sink covers. They could not have been any nicer or helpful. It has been a wonderful experience buying, towing, using and maintaining our Cherokee Graywolf 19RR because of the Forest River people.

We ever purchased an additional year extended warranty from Forest River...after we got home (north GA) we had a few little items that needed to be fixed and it was covered.. no questions asked. Needless to say we are VERY happy with our purchase from Forest River!

If anyone out there has the opportunity to take a factory tour.. DO IT! It's a wonderful educational experience.

Happy camping!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #4

Gary

Who is your contact at Forrest River to schedule a tour? We are in south Georgia.
Thanks
Cile & John
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Glad you enjoyed the tour. I know our guys were worried earlier in the week because of the massive snow melt and the subsequent mud and yuk that was everywhere.

Joe is our Fifth Wheel Product Manager so you were in good hands. We are looking forward to building your new Crusader.

PTM

I don't know what that thing above really means but thought it was funny . . .
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcts43 View Post
Gary

Who is your contact at Forrest River to schedule a tour? We are in south Georgia.
Thanks
Cile & John
I haven't taken the tour.

Check with Tkcakes, Campnqueen or ask RV Guy.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Commercial Member

JCTS - What product do you want to tour?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Have you got that first campsite picked out yet?
First camping trip is close by at the Cherry Creek reservoir with our camping group. We alway make the first trip of the season there so if anything needs attention or needs to be put back into the trailer, we are close by and can take care of it before the next trip which is farther from home.
dan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Glad you enjoyed the tour. I know our guys were worried earlier in the week because of the massive snow melt and the subsequent mud and yuk that was everywhere.

Joe is our Fifth Wheel Product Manager so you were in good hands. We are looking forward to building your new Crusader.
Thanks again Joe! Looking forward to hearing from you about the LP gas gas connection and the backsplash. Everybody we met: Lisa, Brandon, Joe, Jeff Rank, Jeff (I think that was his name, he was the production manager and Materials purchaser) were friendly and thanked us for taking the time to visit and for buying their product. And yes, I think you could use some gravel back there to control the mud Don't worry, we didn't mind! Believe or not that night we went from Chicago to Dulles and spent the night. Then Dulles to Los Angles and then on to Denver. Thats the price you pay for flying standby, at least we made it home in time for me to go to Houston today for work.
dan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #10

RV GUY

The Tour for the 378.

Thanks John
Old 02-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Commercial Member

John - sorry I'm still not sure what Brand/Factory you're wanting to tour. What's a 378?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #12

Georgetown Forest River Class A 378 TS
Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Got it - let me make some calls to find out a contact for you.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #14

Thank You
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
Commercial Member

jcts43 - a contact for tours over at Georgetown is a great guy named Gary Osterloo. His number is 574-320-9005.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #16

RV Guy

Thank you, again.

John