Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #61

My comment was made in an attempt to not "re-kindle" the feud between a few undisclosed members and another group of undisclosed members. It had nothing to do with YOU or anyone else posting about being unhappy with their Prime Time trailers. Enjoy your Jayco
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #62

62car9, if I'm understanding your post correctly it seems that your slide problem isn't so much of the dealer not capable of fixing it properly, but more of a design flaw.
If that's the case I hope RV Guy does read this. I believe PT will assist your dealer in getting you fixed up.
Even if you're set on getting another brand, at least the 5'er would be in good shape for you to trade in or sell.
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #63

I just awoke from a fall slumber and thought I would lurk around the PT forums, since this thread always seem to float to the top of the Recent Threads, and beside all is quiet on Flagstaff front. Low and behold, it appears I am referenced by a PT owner and fellow forum member, that I am "negative". I am far from negative. I am, in fact, observant and I remain committed to any comment that I have written with respect to any observation I have made. I have laid off any comments on this PT thread and any others , with the exception of throwing a bouquet of roses to GRHODES50 and others upon reaching a milestone of welcoming over 100 PT members to this forum. I have never attacked any other poster, like Mr GRATEFULONE and PADAVE65 have done to me with direct and indirect comments. Read all my words before discounting me as "negative". Congratulations on your PT purchase or impending purchase. As a fellow camper, I hope you have many years of trouble free and fun filled camping. I hope the same for Jayco, Keystone and any other camper owner out there enjoying the great outdoors. Signing off for another nap. Will awake in May for summerization. I still may read and comment on any thread I wish though in the meantime.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #64

"milestone of welcoming over 100 PT members to this forum"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was looking forward to the 100th member because I thought the thread was going to end, but I guess I was wrong. Can I start a "how many Rockwood/Flagstaff owners are there out there"?
phoneman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #65

Each of us posses this amazing thing called FREE WILL. This miracle or life gives you the choice whether to click on a thread to read it or not.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #66

Rugged Brown...I was not referring to you when I mentioned 2 8528 owners being negative...I apologize if I insulted you. Many of your posts are positive or helpful...for example:
"I have followed your thread since the beginning and I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm for the PT RV. With anticipation, I am watching for the big milestone and looking forward to see how the newest member will be initiated. I don't think there are any other group of owners as proud as the PT group. Happy Camping to all."

Phoneman, Certainly start a thread......over on the Flagstaff Blog. Would it make sense that a thread like the one you mentioned about PT owners started over on the Flagstaff/Rockwood? Why be a hater? Flagstaff's are nice..I really like the lamilux siding they started using to replace the filon. Please don't confuse our enthusiasm for our trailers as a knock on yours. Much like beauty, the best RV is in the eye of the beholder........
Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #67

Never said I was a hater. I think the PT line is good. I think the point some people are trying to make on here is that they are no better than any other trailer in that price range like some are making them out to be giving people a false sense of security. They could be a little worse considering there are not nearly as many sold as the other brands and there are several people on here complaining.
When I am in the market again, I will consider the PT line again. Main reason I didn't go with the PT this time is because of no micro in the outside kitchen (take note RV Guy), not because one trailer is built better than the other.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #68

Of course I'll have to differ with you phoneman06.

"I think the point some people are trying to make on here is that they are no better than any other trailer in that price range like some are making them out to be giving people a false sense of security."
RV Guy explained some of the differences in construction and testing in another thread;
What I will tell you is this: Prime Time does not have a revolutionary innovation in the field of lamination. However, we have laminated MORE areas of our unit than most of our competitors (floors, end walls, slide-out end walls, slide-out roofs) which we believe provides for a better built, better insulated, lighter RV.

We also have processes in place that go beyond what ANY towable manufacturer offers to give us the best opportunity to build a defect free long-lasting RV. Some of these processes are;
Dye infused glue that allows for a visual inspection of complete coverage.
High temp resistant glue that will withstand temps of 210 degrees.
A lamination building that is environmentally maintained with misters for proper moisture content in the air.
Multiple "destruction/pull" tests daily to ensure bonding.
Moisture content testing daily on lauan to make sure it's not too dry.
We apply putty tape under rails and moldings to prevent water intrusion in places other manufacturers only cap seal with silicone.
We air pressure test EVERY unit we build to identify potential leaks.
EVERY unit goes thru a secondary PDI at our facility.

"They could be a little worse considering there are not nearly as many sold as the other brands...."
PT has only been around a little over 2 years. Hardly enough time to sell as many units as other brands that have been around much longer. That short time period also hasn't given them time to build up as big of a dealership network that other brands have.

".....there are several people on here complaining."
I think you'll find many complaints on all brands on this forum. As PT owners we are one of the few brands that have a direct line on this forum to a very responsive PT mangement member. As I've stated before, we do gratefully take advantage of this.

At least they're putting forth honest effort to improve quality and customer relations.

I will admit I have probably made claims above RV Guy's factual statements, but what I have posted is my honest opinion based on comparing my PT tt against the tt's I have previously owned.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #69

That is all I am asking, that folks just state the facts whether it be complaints or compliments and let others make their decision based on those facts. I don't believe anyone on here can honestly say one trailer is better than another. If you look thru my posts, you will not find any where I have credited or discredited either brand.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #70

Gratefulone81,
If the Crusader is what you like, then you will not have any regrets with it. Like you said, no trailer is going to be 100% so the main thing is you get a floor plan you like and a dealer that will take of you. I own a Rockwood only because I liked the floorplan and price. It want because of issues with either one. I have owned several models of trailers and had some kind if issue with all of them so I have come to learn to just make sure you purchase what you like the most.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #71

Smile PT quality

In the words of that great american, Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?" Our Tracer 2800rld has been trouble free. Bob
Old 11-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

I tried to 'weed my way' through the comments on this thread. I just can't understand the suggestion that only members that own Prime Time RV's should be able to post comments on threads in the Prime Time area of the forum.

Whenever I'm on this forum, I'm always on the active threads section that covers posting from all forums...that's how you learn. I've certainly posted comments in many, many areas of the forum...posted things I thought had value regardless of the equipment I known.

I get the distinctive feeling that some what to put on the 'blinders' and only pay attention to comments that fit their own beliefs. Isn't that the definition of 'narrow mindedness'?

If some Prime Time RV owners feel that strongly about PT only, maybe it's time create your own Prime Time Forum and set whatever rules of posting you want.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
I just awoke from a fall slumber and thought I would lurk around the PT forums, since this thread always seem to float to the top of the Recent Threads, and beside all is quiet on Flagstaff front. Low and behold, it appears I am referenced by a PT owner and fellow forum member, that I am "negative". I am far from negative. I am, in fact, observant and I remain committed to any comment that I have written with respect to any observation I have made. I have laid off any comments on this PT thread and any others , with the exception of throwing a bouquet of roses to GRHODES50 and others upon reaching a milestone of welcoming over 100 PT members to this forum. I have never attacked any other poster, like Mr GRATEFULONE and PADAVE65 have done to me with direct and indirect comments. Read all my words before discounting me as "negative". Congratulations on your PT purchase or impending purchase. As a fellow camper, I hope you have many years of trouble free and fun filled camping. I hope the same for Jayco, Keystone and any other camper owner out there enjoying the great outdoors. Signing off for another nap. Will awake in May for summerization. I still may read and comment on any thread I wish though in the meantime.
Sorry I don't see anywhere I said anyone was negative..my specific words were I was discouraged until a Flagstaff owner showed so much interest in PT fifth wheels...which....made me rethink my thought process because something must be awful special about them that other RV owners who don't even own a Crusader spend so much time in the PT forum. Come on....let go of it...I am here to get some expertise of present owners before signing the dotted line on a 320RLT and all I am asking is if you don't own a Crusader and can't give me first hand knowledge then let go...let it be and let the owners of the camper I am getting purchase help me make my decision. Thanks and enjoy you future fall slumbers! Oh and I am "Mrs Gratefulone" - Woodbridge, NJ
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #74

Oh and I am "Mrs Gratefulone" - Woodbridge, NJ[/QUOTE]

Excuse me Ma'am. All my best to the Mr.

Enjoy your Crusader.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #75

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Oh and I am "Mrs Gratefulone" - Woodbridge, NJ

Excuse me Ma'am. All my best to the Mr.

Enjoy your Crusader.[/QUOTE]

Well thank you Mr Rugged, I think I will..

On a totally different angle...the one that I am purchasing is a Touring Edition, special pin and some other fun things. Looking forward and thank you all for all your info. I am making a small list and when the dealer calls me I am going to ask him about some of the other minor issues. Otherwise I am so bummed out that the winter is headed to PA and NJ and am looking forward to April 2012. Have a great end of what left of this beautiful weekend.
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote