Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

Furnace is finally operating normally

We have a 2016 Lacrosse 327RES that has been having a furnace limiting issue since day one. It would run for about 10 mins and the flame would shut off, but the fan would continue to operate. After about a min and 30 seconds the flame would reignite. The limit switch was opening because the furnace was overheating. The dealer was unable to correct the problem.

Yesterday I decided to check all the ducts. I peeked through the sides of the underbelly material and the runs looked good. I was actually impressed that they were not just laying on the underbelly. I then removed the furnace return on the inside. I saw the 2 inch line running to the bathroom looked like a coiled snake. I removed the small 4 inch round register mounted to the bottom side of the shower/tub and found more than 6 feet of flexible ducting coiled and bent back on itself. I cut the excess and reattached the register.

The furnace ran for over 50 mins continuously until the thermostat temp was reached. If anyone else is having the same issue, I'd check the bathroom register. Here is a pic of the excess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1452452686.147971.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	97579

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #2

Thanks for the info....I have a 2013 Lacrosse 327 RES, I have not had to use my furnace as of yet, I will keep a look out for this very issue.
That there is an RV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace