Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #1

Furniture to bed configuration

I hoping someone here has had the same issue we are having or RVGuy can assist. We have the Tracer 3200BHT and can't figure out the U-shaped dinette to bed configuration. When the table is down on the rails, we've taken the back cushion and two small side cushions and tried to lay them down in order to have a bed. My wife and I tried about 13billion different ways and non make sense . We were laughing the entire time trying this out... So, we did we do, we moved on to the Lane leather couch that pulls out to be a bed. NOT the air mattress one, but normal thin bed (we understand we need some memory foam or something on it). NOW, this thing has seat cushions that have velcro and unfold... hmmm... scratching my head on this one too... why do they unfold?
Our dealer didn't show us these things... but showed us just about everything else... and I figured "how hard can that be?"..... guess what.. it's a PITA! For some reason, i feel i may be trying to do something that's simple and i'm over thinking it.... Can someone help? I've searched high and low, images, google.. etc...
THANKS!
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I'll get a pic for you on this model broken down into a bed.

Long story on the velcro cushions - here's the short version. We wanted the sofas to "match" the Theatre Seats and Recliners that some of our floorplans have. These "motion" types of furniture utilize the folding velcro cushions for better comfort and durability. They are intended to "move" with the mechanism better. Thus, the design just got carried over into the sofas.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
I'll get a pic for you on this model broken down into a bed.
Thanks a lot!! That would be perfect. My wife is very good at puzzles, but this one did her in
Quote:
Long story on the velcro cushions - here's the short version. We wanted the sofas to "match" the Theatre Seats and Recliners that some of our floorplans have. These "motion" types of furniture utilize the folding velcro cushions for better comfort and durability. They are intended to "move" with the mechanism better. Thus, the design just got carried over into the sofas.

PTM
So if i understand what you're saying, disregard the fold-ability of the cushions as they don't serve a purpose with this couch? This couch does not recline as it's the "sleeper sofa"...

Thanks A LOT RVGuy!!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Correct - disregard the fold-ability.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
Commercial Member

We aren't building the 3200 right now so I can't get pictures of this specific application, but after doing a little inquiring I think I can explain. Go to this link to the 3200 gallery on our web site for reference

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

There are 3 rectangular pillows that make up the "back" of the dinette - 1 long one and 2 short ones. You can see these pillows in the photos on the 3200BHT gallery.

In the bed position, the 2 short ones go end-to-end and will then be the same length as the long one. The long one and 2 short ones fill the space on top of the table. Hope this helps. If you still need assistance on this, contact Roger at rstickel@forestriverinc.com

Good luck.

PTM
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #6

Quote:
We aren't building the 3200 right now so I can't get pictures of this specific application, but after doing a little inquiring I think I can explain. Go to this link to the 3200 gallery on our web site for reference

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

There are 3 rectangular pillows that make up the "back" of the dinette - 1 long one and 2 short ones. You can see these pillows in the photos on the 3200BHT gallery.

In the bed position, the 2 short ones go end-to-end and will then be the same length as the long one. The long one and 2 short ones fill the space on top of the table. Hope this helps. If you still need assistance on this, contact Roger at rstickel@forestriverinc.com

Good luck.

PTM
That doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about the 3200!
Ok, that's what I thought when I put the cushions like that but there seems to be a gap between the small pillows that you can see in the picture. Not a big deal but I would have thought they would fit nice snug, like bugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3727238484.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	31220   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2036539274.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	31221