Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #1

Going Fulltime in Spartan 1032 Toyhauler

The wife and I are planning to FT in our 2015 Spartan 1032 TH next year. We have had the Spartan for 4 camping seasons and overall it has held up very well. Most of our camping has been boondocking in rugged mountain and desert areas of Utah. We plan to haul our 2017 RZR XP 1000 with us in the garage everywhere we go so we will be running pretty heavy at all times. I have already upgraded the trailer tires to Goodyear G614's a couple years ago and have 600 watts of solar on the roof for our energy needs. So far our longest trip hauling the rig has been 4.5 hours from Salt Lake City to Moab and back. To prepare our rig for fulltime use, I would like to find out if there are any modifications we should consider doing before going fulltime? We anticipate going just about anywhere in the US once we hit the road. Most likely I will be upgrading the tow vehicle from our present 3500 GMC SRW to a Ram 3500 DRW. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #2
Always Learning

Go get weighed. And weigh often as you load up. I’d venture to guess that most fulltimers overload their trailers and ultimately have issues as a result. I know we were and we do. Fortunately the Spartans have very good cargo carrying capacities.

Other than that- TPMS and EMS were on my “required” list before taking off. I had already installed a good Watts water pressure regulator.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #3

Going Fulltime in Spartan 1032 Toyhauler

TPMS tire pressure monitoring system.
EMS. Electric monitoring system
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyhauler