Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #1

Help!

HI! This is my first post, so I hope this is the right place......

My husband and I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to spend a few years (maybe longer) traveling. We've just started looking at RV's in our area and really like Prime Times, Sanibel.

For those of you who have purchased Prime Time RVs, would you do it again?

Are you happy with the quality? Company support?

What problems have you encountered?

I appreciate any feedback you can share.
Parmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Good luck in your search and even of you don't buy a fr unit noir always welcome here.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #3

We have a Crusader and only minor items have needed repaired (interior door latches and a leaky p-trap).

Other than that we really like our unit.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
WJC

No I would not buy another primetime product!
1st year the equalizers were replaced, because tires would hit wheel wells, still hit, springs were replaced! Trailer leaked seals were replaced three times before the leak stopped! Both black and gray handles came off had to be replaced,Wiper seals are still coming off! First year we had our trailer back to dealer about ten times only went camping three times, delt with Brandon York who was very nice to deal with,Primetime was nice to deal with while under warranty. Second year our tires wore bad dealer said the axles would have to be alined which would cost $1000.00 to have the work done, we explained that they were the ones who put springs and equalizers on, dealer stated that was under primetime warranty! contacted primetime they said could not help because its out of warranty, trailer started to delaminate, cost to repair $1700.00 spoke with Roger Stickel who said its out of warranty and does not feel it was his responsibility to fix it, he said I should go back to dealer and demand they fix it, I stated that this problem came from the factory, poor construction and primetime should be responsible! The trailer not two years old and should not have these kind of problems,I also point out the history of this trailer, hoping that might help, Roger told me to go back to the dealer and demand them to fix it, now Roger was being condescending and I new our conversation was over!! At this point I new I would not get any help he basically told me to bad!!! You want a company that gives you a two year warranty, because a lot of factory problems will show in the second year, and if they have a quality product I don't see why they wouldn't! If you can't find a two year warranty at least a company that has a history of helping to solve the problems not telling you to bad!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #5

Well I have had very good luck with mine and I love mine. If you want to get a good feel on how Prime Time treats their customers, keep browsing thru these posts. Most but not all people have good things to say about them. I guess there is always the unlucky person with any product. Sorry to hear of your problems WJC.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #6

If you are going to be full-timing for years, you want to get quality and storage (but not too much, as you tend to take too much stuff). Things that work for weekends and occasional weeks long vacations are not necessarily what you want to spend months in. Also, inconviences that are ok short-term get old and frustrating after the 50th time.
That said, I love the lifestyle and would not have it any other way!
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #7

Had our LaCrosse for 1 season, been on the dealer lot for 2 seasons, had some warranty issues right off the bat, they have been taken care of by Prime Time and 2 dealers, having water leak issues now that are being taken care of by Prime Time and local FR dealer. Would we buy Prime Time again after all the issues we have had, surely would if they had the unit we were wanting at the time. Every brand has issues, just depending upon the luck of the draw of which unit you get. Some people don't have any issues and others that is all they have. So the answer to your question is Yes.
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #8

I like their product. From what I've seen in the forum, they are fairly average in quality, maybe a little higher, but the stories of factory and company support have been really good. I have fingers crossed I won't need to find out how good.

A similar issue to that described by WJC happened to me with a Honda - poor design, which they corrected free, destroyed the tires after 25kmiles. Getting them to pay at all for the tires took a lot of phone calls, and never met my expectations. Last I heard Honda has some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings, too. You do get what you paid for but sometimes you get a curve ball too.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #9

We have the same plan but we went with the Palomino Sabre. It is so spacious. We couldn't imagine living in the previous TT but this 5er is perfect.

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
poppy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmela View Post
HI! This is my first post, so I hope this is the right place......

My husband and I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to spend a few years (maybe longer) traveling. We've just started looking at RV's in our area and really like Prime Times, Sanibel.

For those of you who have purchased Prime Time RVs, would you do it again?

Are you happy with the quality? Company support?

What problems have you encountered?

I appreciate any feedback you can share.
We have a 2012 320 Crusader by Prime Time. Very a few problems... just small stuff. About 5000 miles this year. Just find a good reliable dealer. We have a good one here in PA in Ansley Rv in Duncansville PA. Good dealer makes a big Diff.

Good Luck
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #11

We have a Prime Time Tracer 2670 BHS and are very pleased with it. No major problems with it...just a tank monitor that could be more accurate. No a big deal though. I did have to call Prime Time service for help locating the water heater bypass valves. Roger Stickel was very helpful and courteous...made sure we were satisfied with his help. I would buy the same TT again!

Good luck with your decision....and

Old 10-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #12

Thanks so much for your feedback!

We're planning to purchase sometime next summer. From reading this forum and others, the advice is that you should take the RV on several short trips to work out the bugs before taking a long trip.

We won't retire completely until October 2014.... then we plan to hit the road for the winter.... someplace warm! Long term we plan to use the RV about 6 months out of the year for a few years.

Can't wait to hit the road!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #13

We have had no mechanical issues whatsoever. All slides, water systems, electrical systems, trailer brakes and bearings (I just had the bearings repacked after 10,000+miles: the mechanic also checked the brakes and informed me that in his opinion, they had at least 15,000 miles left in them before they would need replacement), and the and appliances have worked perfectly.
We had some cosmetic wood trim flaws and some skirting damage that was replaced (not repaired... replaced!) by PrimeTime before we took possesion. The CO2 detector also proved to be faulty at the time I had the bearings repacked, and PrimeTime replaced the factory unit with a superior product.
I give PrimeTime excellent grades for customer support and assistance. (Roger is invaluable)
We love our Crusader 290RLT TE and have never had a second thought about our choice. It's a lot of trailer for the bucks!
After well over 10,000 happy miles towing our rig, when a campground neighbor asks me how I like the Crusader, I have no problem giving both this model and manufacturer my unreserved recommendation.

Yes! I would do it again!

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks so much for your feedback!

We're planning to purchase sometime next summer. From reading this forum and others, the advice is that you should take the RV on several short trips to work out the bugs before taking a long trip.

We won't retire completely until October 2014.... then we plan to hit the road for the winter.... someplace warm! Long term we plan to use the RV about 6 months out of the year for a few years.

Can't wait to hit the road!
Wait a minute!!!! Kentucky's not all that cold!

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #15

Compared to some places, I agree. But I've spent to much time clearing ICE out of my driveway in the last few years to want to do it after I retire!

Where you from?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Compared to some places, I agree. But I've spent to much time clearing ICE out of my driveway in the last few years to want to do it after I retire!

Where you from?
Kansas City, Missouri area! I know what you mean about ice! The drive here on the farm is 700 feet long, and even with the tractor doing the 'shoveling', it's still a chore. I'm at the point that if it's just a minor snowfall, I just throw some logs on the fire and wait for a thaw! Getting real lazy!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to weiman1983
I would recommend a Prime Time trailer. We have had our Lacrosse 318 for a full season now and we love it. PT trailers come with tons on features at a resonable price. We are very happy that we chose it over the other trailers that we were looking at.

There were only a few minor issues with it which were all fixed promtly by the dealer.

Good luck!
weiman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #18

Had our Lacrosse 303RKS a full 2 years now. Just minor issues both in and "just" out of warranty. All taken care of by PT with no problem. As a matter of fact, we are looking to upgrade to a 5er in the near future (for full timing also), and have settled on a Crusader or Sanibel. I have delt with RVGuy, Roger and Brandon at PT and have had long conversations with all of them. All have gone above and beyond as far as I'm concerned, I will defenately deal with PT again.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #19

We bought a Sanibel 3500 in August of this year. We LOVE it. Two problems that were handled promptly. Went on a maiden voyage of 100 miles. Left on Oct 1 and returned on Nov 3, with 4500 miles and five states, not a hitch. You will find the thought that went into this rv everywhere you look. Led lights, Large drawers in the kitchen, pantry, large refer, the list goes on. Feel free to PM us if you would like more info. You have the very large plus of having the vp of Primetime who moniters this site. We sent him a pm with some ideas for the unit and the vp of product devolpment CALLED us and listened to our ideas, try and find that with another mfg.
It is after all what you like and what feels good in an rv, it does not hurt to have a company such as this one with your back. So buy the unit thats right and enjoy your retirement.

Wayne and Donna
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #20

I really like my Lacrosse.....had a few issues..just like almost every owner from other manufacturers. They were quickly addressed without any out of pocket expense. I have been very pleased with their customer service. PT supports their product. In addition, questions and concerns are frequently addressed on this website through direct contact with the company's president. How many companies can you say that about? The Sanibels are sweeeeeeet!