Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #1

How long does it take?

We bought a new 2014 327RES back in the summer and have used it several times. We had a few things wrong with it right after we got it that I took care of. There were a few other things that we wanted the dealer to look at.

So we contacted the dealer and made an appointment to drop the trailer off at the end of October and it’s still not ready so, I was wondering what was everyone else’s experience getting simple warranty work done?

The dealer has been doing a great job of keeping me in the loop it sat on the lot for about 10 days before they brought it in then documented the warranty items for approval from LaCrosse then we waited for weeks for them to finally approve them. Once they were approved the parts needed to be ordered and all of them had to come from a different place. Right now 7 weeks in they are still waiting on the new TV and a counter top near the back window that warped to come in from LaCrosse.

Of the 7 weeks it’s been in the shop we have waited for LaCrosse to do something for over 5 weeks. If I ran my business and took care of my customers like this I wouldn't be in business. Sadly this seems to be the norm in this industry, something needs to change.

All of the things were minor and could have been handled in days.

Merry Christmas y'all
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

Sorry to hear about your delay. Some dealers and manufacturers are different than others on this.

On my first camper, i dropped it off for warranty work and they got it all done in about 4 weeks. I believe that they went ahead and fixed it, and waited for reimbursement after it was fixed. That was with Oklahoma RV Center in Moore, and Puma was the manuf.

I just dropped my new Sabre off with them (again Oklahoma RV Center, awsome guys) the weekend before thanksgiving. But this time i have some more extensive repairs and its a different warranty dept. even though they are both Palomino. Im not expecting it back for a couple more months, and im fine with that. I told them i wouldn't need it till March or April so they don't need to rush.
Anyways, hopefully yours gets done soon!!
Good luck!!!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
We bought a new 2014 327RES back in the summer and have used it several times. We had a few things wrong with it right after we got it that I took care of. There were a few other things that we wanted the dealer to look at.

So we contacted the dealer and made an appointment to drop the trailer off at the end of October and it’s still not ready so, I was wondering what was everyone else’s experience getting simple warranty work done?

The dealer has been doing a great job of keeping me in the loop it sat on the lot for about 10 days before they brought it in then documented the warranty items for approval from LaCrosse then we waited for weeks for them to finally approve them. Once they were approved the parts needed to be ordered and all of them had to come from a different place. Right now 7 weeks in they are still waiting on the new TV and a counter top near the back window that warped to come in from LaCrosse.

Of the 7 weeks it’s been in the shop we have waited for LaCrosse to do something for over 5 weeks. If I ran my business and took care of my customers like this I wouldn't be in business. Sadly this seems to be the norm in this industry, something needs to change.

All of the things were minor and could have been handled in days.

Merry Christmas y'all
I just finally got my RV back from the dealer (warranty work) and they had it 7 weeks. In the 8 months I have had the trailer and the 3 times it has been in, I find that dealers are really bad at making their processes efficient. They really don't keep track of the status of the trailers they have in. They only look at the status if you call as follow up and often the status they give you will be wrong. If you wait for them to call you, it may be in limbo. In my case, I was waiting for them to call me about the warranty approval from PT and after 6 weeks I called them to find out that the guy that was doing it no longer worked there. Luckily I had not dropped off the trailer yet as I was waiting for them to call me.

When I did get it in there, after 2 weeks I called for a status update to discover they had failed to send in the request for warranty repair approval from PT.

On an earlier repair for a light that was broken on delivery, they told me for 3-4 months that the part was back ordered. It hadn't come in yet, so it must be back ordered, right? Wrong. Even though they were keeping communication with me every week that it was back ordered, the reality is that when I pushed really hard to find out where the part was did they finally discover the part was never ordered.

In other words, you have to be the expeditor and follow up guy with them or they simply won't get it done.

I often say to myself, "It wouldn't be hard to put these guys out of business with some good customer service and decent processes." It's frustrating that they have good employees, but reeeeeeaaallllly bad processes that create bad customer experiences.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #4

Next time I do this it will be in stages, First to get the repair approved and then when all the parts come in.

We are still waiting for the TV and a piece of counter top it has been over 4 weeks since they were ordered.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
ARLO

Colton RV in Niagara Falls had my 2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy for five months to repair major water leaks and other problems. It had to go back for another two weeks because it still leaked. in the three years we owned that piece of trash, the dealer had it for a total of 7 months.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #6

I use to take pictures and send them to my dealer, they will do the same thing and send them to FR. Once approved they send the parts, That's when I take it in to get repaired. The only problem I had once that FR sent the wrong ladder, So I took the trailer and 11/2 months later they got the right ladder took it back and was gone in a 2 hours. I guess it really depends on what your trying to get fixed. You need to stay on them so they know you are counting the day's.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I use to take pictures and send them to my dealer, they will do the same thing and send them to FR. Once approved they send the parts, That's when I take it in to get repaired. The only problem I had once that FR sent the wrong ladder, So I took the trailer and 11/2 months later they got the right ladder took it back and was gone in a 2 hours. I guess it really depends on what your trying to get fixed. You need to stay on them so they know you are counting the day's.
Excellent suggestion, if I had done this I wouldn't be moaning and groaning now.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #8

Finally picked up the trailer Wednesday, the dealer did a good job of keeping us up to date through the process. Everything was repaired as far as we can tell to our liking. We are off this morning for a few weeks to see family for the holidays.

I am really disappointed in Prime Time for their lack of diligence in taking care of the customer.

I must add in hopes that PT will see this that this experience will play a large part of the retail transaction when it comes time to trade and in our discussions with others about our experience.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #9

When I have needed repairs, I try to wait till winter or late fall. Although I don't need it, I look at the long repair times as free storage. So far, I haven't had to leave it for more than a month.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote