RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #801
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 101
I have almost the same set up just a little older. IMO it is perfect.
__________________
___________________________________
Salmon Hunter
2011 Crusader 320 RLT/ Honda 3000ei
2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab/Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission
Salmon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #802
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,422
2014 Crusader 325RES - champagne package, touring edition - just picked up 9/27/13 - beautiful unit!!
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #803
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 291
Picked up my 2014 Sanibel 3600 on 10/3/13 and spent the weekend using it. Love the unit and cant wait to get the last few trips of the season in.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #804
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Welcome James! I'm sure you'll love the Sanibel as much as we have.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #805
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 291
Thank you Barry. The floor plan was enough to pull me out of a 2001 Monaco Knight that did very well at serving me. But making the move was not hard as I already had a 2006 F350 to tow it. I forgot to get picture of the rig connected, but they work very well together. Looking forward to my next trip down to the NC boarder at the end of october to attend a 13 hour endurance race.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #806
Member
 
jerry226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kokomo Indiana
Posts: 76
Just brought home 2014 Avenger 27bbs The only complaint is lack of 110 plug ins.
jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #807
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 291
After my first RV, I learned I could love a floor plan, but need to see where outlets where placed as well. As long as there where enough in the right general area, then I was ok with it.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #808
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 10
2014 Salem 26 DDSS.
Purchased 08/2013
__________________
Dwayne
2014 Forest River Salem 26 DDSS
Retcap201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #809
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
I hate to break it to you Dwayne, but a Salem isn't made by PrimeTime. ;-)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #810
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrostek View Post
After my first RV, I learned I could love a floor plan, but need to see where outlets where placed as well. As long as there where enough in the right general area, then I was ok with it.
X2
When we were shopping, outlets and location was one of many items on our list of must have's That and a table or night stand next to the bed. Walk out of many units w/o
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
Seasonal

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #811
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retcap201 View Post
2014 Salem 26 DDSS.
Purchased 08/2013
Google it. looks real nice congrats
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
Seasonal

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #812
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 321
Out on a three week shakedown trip in our new 2013 Sanibel 3500. Pretty impressed so far. There are some minor items that we have found, but nothing major so far. My wife is wondering where other Sanibel owners put their silverware?? The drawers in the kitchen that make sense to put the silverware measure 17 deep and 8 inches wide. Where do you find utensil trays that fit those dimensions??? So far this is the only oddity found. It has been raining the first 3 days here in Cherry Point, NC. Weather guessers saying the sun will be reappearing soon. Gives us time to check here out real good. Anyone install a quick connect to the LP system to hook up a outside stove?
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #813
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
We put the silver in the drawer in the table.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #814
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Out on a three week shakedown trip in our new 2013 Sanibel 3500. Pretty impressed so far. There are some minor items that we have found, but nothing major so far. My wife is wondering where other Sanibel owners put their silverware?? The drawers in the kitchen that make sense to put the silverware measure 17 deep and 8 inches wide. Where do you find utensil trays that fit those dimensions??? So far this is the only oddity found. It has been raining the first 3 days here in Cherry Point, NC. Weather guessers saying the sun will be reappearing soon. Gives us time to check here out real good. Anyone install a quick connect to the LP system to hook up a outside stove?

We have a 2012 Crusader 320 RLT and have on order a Crusader 2014 325 Res on order.

We have given some suggestions to factory reps. for the location of a kitchen utensil drawer or a lift out utensil drawer on both units. That's one thing my DW really dislikes about the kitchen cabinets.

I'm going to cut one of the big drawers down and make one smaller drawer and one big drawer or make a lift out utensil drawer. Either way there is plenty of room for a utensil drawer.

RV guy can you here us NOW !!! It's an easy change
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #815
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
2014 26bh
mattmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #816
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Eastern, PA
Posts: 19
2014 327RES picked up last week!
__________________
______________________
Jamie Harris
Southeastern, PA
2014 Lacrosse 327RES
Ford F-250 Diesel
jamie325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #817
Member
 
Midwestgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 56
2013 260RLD 5th Wheel

We purchased a Crusader September/2013 and have been traveling for 6 weeks.
__________________
Midwestgirl

2005 K-2500 Silverado 8.1L 6 speed Allison
Midwestgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #818
Junior Member
 
dlavas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
We purchased a 318bhs 3 weeks ago ! Love it ! Some minor problems encountered.. Kitchen table broke, outside kitchen where the burners are is warped, oven is not accurate at all and molding is cracked in a couple of places.
dlavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #819
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,748
PT Crew Member #3. We just took delivery of a new 2014 Sanibel 3250 on Monday. Originally ordered a 3400 but just before delivery to the dealer, we were told that a 3250 was coming in its' (3400) place. There were just a few changes but, basic floorplan was "the same".

So, after "checking out" this new model, we decided to still take the deal and are now on our 3rd night of our shake down trip to make sure all systems are functioning & "so far, so good".

It towed beautifully with the 3/4 ton with very little sway on quite a breezy day.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #820
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
PT Crew Member #3. We just took delivery of a new 2014 Sanibel 3250 on Monday. Originally ordered a 3400 but just before delivery to the dealer, we were told that a 3250 was coming in its' (3400) place. There were just a few changes but, basic floorplan was "the same".

So, after "checking out" this new model, we decided to still take the deal and are now on our 3rd night of our shake down trip to make sure all systems are functioning & "so far, so good".

It towed beautifully with the 3/4 ton with very little sway on quite a breezy day.
Congrats on your Sanibel.
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prime time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.