RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #941
TnT
Member
 
TnT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 36
Spartan 1032 picked up on 7/19/14
TnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #942
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Charlotte Hall, MD
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman View Post
Attachment 57797 Lacrosse 319QBS


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Finally someone else with a 319..


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
smib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #943
Senior Member
 
CarolinaGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 104
I finally have a picture to share. Hubby's truck just came in. So here is our setup.
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 LaCrosse 329BHT
We are on our first trip with the new truck. We're staying at Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA for the weekend. Each trip gets a little easier, but we are still total newbies. This is the first camper we have ever owned and we only got it on June. So far, so good!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1406952374.819176.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	59489
__________________
No Longer Newbies

2016 Trips:16 Nights:41
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #944
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9
How Many Of Us (Prime Time) Owners?

2014 Sanibel 3050


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
upsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #945
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
I finally have a picture to share. Hubby's truck just came in. So here is our setup.
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 LaCrosse 329BHT
We are on our first trip with the new truck. We're staying at Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA for the weekend. Each trip gets a little easier, but we are still total newbies. This is the first camper we have ever owned and we only got it on June. So far, so good!
Attachment 59489
Life is good...nice truck and camper!
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
Seasonal

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #946
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
You should and will enjoy the simple life.
ron
gonefishingla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #947
Steve & Phyllis
 
SteveBingham52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Simpsonville SC
Posts: 207
Nice setup CarolinaGirl. You will have a lot of fun with your camper.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #948
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
We traded in a 2014 grey wolf 29vt for a 2015 tracer 3200 bht. Love it so far. The grey wolf was our first camper and we liked it just wanted more room for the kids on rainy days and love the outside kitchen on the tracer.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Ksanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #949
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksanch View Post
We traded in a 2014 grey wolf 29vt for a 2015 tracer 3200 bht. Love it so far. The grey wolf was our first camper and we liked it just wanted more room for the kids on rainy days and love the outside kitchen on the tracer.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Congrats on the new tracer and welcome to the forum
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
Seasonal

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #950
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
It seems like it's been forever since I've been on this forum. I'm extremely happy to see that this thread is still alive and doing well. I wish I had the time to back track and get an up to date count on the number of PT owners.
Just an update....we still have our 2011 LaCrosse 303 RKS and everything still works great.
I have to admit that we haven't camped but a few times the past couple of years , but it does see somewhat of regular use driveway camping when the grandkids spend the night.
Hopefully next summer we'll be camping more. I know we will for sure the summer of 2016 because if all goes the way we've planned......I'll be retired!!!!

Happy camping to everyone!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #951
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
It seems like it's been forever since I've been on this forum. I'm extremely happy to see that this thread is still alive and doing well. I wish I had the time to back track and get an up to date count on the number of PT owners.
Just an update....we still have our 2011 LaCrosse 303 RKS and everything still works great.
I have to admit that we haven't camped but a few times the past couple of years , but it does see somewhat of regular use driveway camping when the grandkids spend the night.
Hopefully next summer we'll be camping more. I know we will for sure the summer of 2016 because if all goes the way we've planned......I'll be retired!!!!

Happy camping to everyone!
Good to see ya on the forum again. Don't be a stranger on the forum. Retirement... ah yes you'll enjoy iot for sure
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #952
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
Hey grayfox, thanks.....how are things going? I've spent some time on the forum today, off and on, but there's been too much going on since the last time I visited to check in on everyone. The forum still seems to be a great place to visit if you're having any issues. Lot's of good folks willing to give a helping hand.

It sure is great to see all the new PT owners. As with any other brand.....the more popular the trailer the more you hear about problems. The one area where PT stands tallest is in their customer service. I always hate to hear of someone having trouble with a brand new trailer, any brand.....been there, done that myself....but PT always stands behind their trailers and puts their customers first.

I'm still staying busy, but I do need to make a better effort at checking in every now and then. Should be more active in a year or so......maybe sooner.

Oh yeah!!!!! Almost forgot. Last month I got a new to me vehicle for my trailer to push around. It's a 2012 F-250 Lariat (all the bells and whistles) 6.7L diesel. Haven't hooked her up yet, but hopefully I will soon. Can't wait.
Check out this thread for a few pics; http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-tv-66736.html
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #953
Steve & Phyllis
 
SteveBingham52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Simpsonville SC
Posts: 207
@grhodes50
I have the same truck and drag my 5th wheel all over with it. You will enjoy it. One thing I have found is towing at 55mph I get about 3 more mpg than at 60mph. That's about as fast as we go so not sure how quick it would drop at higher speeds.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #954
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
@grhodes50
I have the same truck and drag my 5th wheel all over with it. You will enjoy it. One thing I have found is towing at 55mph I get about 3 more mpg than at 60mph. That's about as fast as we go so not sure how quick it would drop at higher speeds.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thanks Steve for the info. I appreciate it. it may be a few months before I get the chance to hook up the tt, but I'm sure I will enjoy it when i do. I have no doubt the gas milage will be much better than the V-10.
I may not get as good of mpg's as you do though. I usually tow between 60 and 65 mph.
However, I will probably check out 55 mph for fun.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #955
Senior Member
 
RickV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
@grhodes50
I have the same truck and drag my 5th wheel all over with it. You will enjoy it. One thing I have found is towing at 55mph I get about 3 more mpg than at 60mph. That's about as fast as we go so not sure how quick it would drop at higher speeds.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
So you're the Guy that causes all the backups J/K but, in Florida if you tow on the Interstate below 60-65 you get the one finger salute a lot. I went to High Falls SP in Georgia and was following someone else we ran 62 I got over 12mpg coming home we ran 65 and it dropped off to 10.5mpg so it does make a difference.
__________________
2014 Crusader 325res Touring Edition
2003 Silverado Duramax 6.6 Dually Longbed 2wd Crew Cab
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #956
Steve & Phyllis
 
SteveBingham52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Simpsonville SC
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
So you're the Guy that causes all the backups J/K but, in Florida if you tow on the Interstate below 60-65 you get the one finger salute a lot. I went to High Falls SP in Georgia and was following someone else we ran 62 I got over 12mpg coming home we ran 65 and it dropped off to 10.5mpg so it does make a difference.

Yeah that's me . I stay in the left lane, let all the trucks in when they pass or need over , and when someone tells me I am number one to them I simply smile and continue on down the road. I know at what speed I feel comfortable pulling and that's pretty much it.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #957
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texarkana, TEXAS
Posts: 7
2014 lacrosse 311RLS
ogtaylor1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #958
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
I have a new 2014 F150 Crew with 4X4 and EcoBoost rated at 11,200 but my trailer is 7400 with gear and tows fine. I was thinking of getting an 8400-9000 lbs fifth wheel Crusader 290 or 294 hopefully my truck does well with it because I am within its limits and don't go fast 50-60 in right lane.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #959
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 22
2015 Lacrosse 329BHT purchased 2 weeks ago.
gatnfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #960
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogtaylor1938 View Post
2014 lacrosse 311RLS
Congrats on your new tt and welcome as a new PT Crew Member! The 311RLS is a great floorplan. I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I have a new 2014 F150 Crew with 4X4 and EcoBoost rated at 11,200 but my trailer is 7400 with gear and tows fine. I was thinking of getting an 8400-9000 lbs fifth wheel Crusader 290 or 294 hopefully my truck does well with it because I am within its limits and don't go fast 50-60 in right lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Just remember the GVWR isn't the only thing to look at. The tongue weight of a tt is usually between 10-15% of the loaded trailer weight, but a 5'er will be between 15-25%. So that is where most people run into a problem with a 5'er and a 1/2 ton truck.
Ford does offer a HD Payload package, but it is not included in the tow package. It is a seperate option. If I remember correctly your truck will have a GVWR of 9000 lbs if the HD Payload package is included and a 7500 GVWR if it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatnfans View Post
2015 Lacrosse 329BHT purchased 2 weeks ago.
Gongrats on your new bunkhouse and welcome as a new PT Crew Member! I'm sure the kids will love it.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prime time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.