Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
sji

keyless entry help

I am trying to change the code on my keyless entry pad. I can get the old code that it came with to work and lock and unlock the trailer, but when I hold in the 9-0 button to change the code, it does not light up or flash as the directions says it should. Anyone else have problems changing the code? I thought maybe it might be the need for a new battery, but why would it work using the original programmed code?
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #2

I've had a few problems myself, but not the same as yours. Contact PT using their contact page. They will get you some help.

Here's the link: Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #3

Mine did not appear to flash, but did reset. I just did it very slowly. Maybe do it at night so that you can see even the slightest flash. Mine worked fine for a month. Now, it is on the blink. Replaced the battery. Getting a little anoyed. It is cool when it works.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by padave65 View Post
Mine did not appear to flash, but did reset. I just did it very slowly. Maybe do it at night so that you can see even the slightest flash. Mine worked fine for a month. Now, it is on the blink. Replaced the battery. Getting a little anoyed. It is cool when it works.
Problem solved...I opened the door, put mechanism in locked postion with my key, sprayed lubricant, retracked/unlocked mechanism, shut the door, worked the lock multiple times, left it in locked position, pushed the buttons to unlock and voila....it works again. If anyone else has the mechanism making noise but not working, I recommend using a non-oil based spray on lubricant (something that will not collect dust, etc.). I forget the name of what I used.